A legendary icon - Raffles Singapore
The ambience, the service, the charm and the heritage of the hotel is what’s so special about Raffles Singapore.
Experience their legendary service as you enjoy newly opened bars, restaurants and boutiques whilst exploring graceful courtyards and relaxing in cosy social spaces.
Opened in 1887, Raffles Singapore is one of the few remaining great 19th century hotels in the world and welcomes guests as they write a new chapter after an extensive restoration, breathing new life into the storied hotel.
With enhanced comfort and splendour for the discerning traveller, immerse yourself in their striking architecture and graceful service for that unique feeling of being somewhere very special in the heart of the business and civic district.
Did you know?
- Named after Sir Stamford Raffles, founder of Singapore, the hotel has welcomed countless legendary names throughout its history. Writers, movie stars, dignitaries, journalists. Among the many luminaries were Rudyard Kipling, Elizabeth Taylor, Somerset Maugham, Ava Gardner and Noel Coward.
- The Singapore Sling widely regarded as the national drink of the country, was first created in 1915 at Raffles Singapore by bartender Ngiam Tong Boon.
- Resident historian, Leslie Danker, is the longest serving employee in their over 130 year history and has co-produced and narrated short videos on the history of the property. Enjoy a Complimentary History Tour with hotels’ Resident Historian when on our Raffles Hotel staycations (link to staycations)
- The Raffles Doormen are the most notable and the most photographed staff of the hotel.
- Heard of the last tiger shot in Singapore – right under the Bar & Billiard room?
- Lush tropical gardens are intricately woven into the hotel and occupy more than a quarter of the entire estate.
- It is not uncommon to hear the delightful melodies of singing birds beyond the verandahs and the rustle of palm leaves in the breeze.
• • • •
Origin Journeys — We are passionate about providing Singaporean's with real, authentic experiences of local culture through in depth, personalised, grass-roots tours. We don’t just want you to see a destination, we want you to get to know it. We are here to help travellers dig deeper and discover the roots, heritage and story behind the places they visit.
As a member of Origin Journeys you’re entitled to enjoy 15% off retail purchases in-store at Raffles Boutique.