The date selection above is for Cook, Bake & Makan Experience. For Chinatown – A Journey into our Heritage Tour our travel designer will contact you on the preferred tour date
Combining our passion for hawker food and the power of engaging the community to bring you several uniquely Singaporean experience, the Cook, Bake & Makan Experience held at Dignity Kitchen™, is a hawker-focused programme to encourage interaction with Singapore’s marginalised and also as a platform for team bonding, CSR activities, learning about workplace inclusion, social entrepreneurship and innovation.
Looking to spend some quality bonding time with your kids out of the house, have them learn a little more about the original landing place for Singapore's early Chinese settlers their enclave, its progression into the current modern iteration, and enjoy great food along the way? Then read on!
Let our guide take you through the nooks and crannies of Chinatown and help you uncover the gems that dot the area as you learn about the importance of Chinatown throughout Singapore’s history and its transition through the decades.
Your professional guide is sure to keep your kids engaged with well-researched historical facts and stories along the way! Your guide begins the journey with stories of days old; you get to hear about opium dens, the underbelly and the triads that once ruled. You’ll also learn about the modern businesses that continue to thrive in these areas today and stop by the iconic landmarks as well as the lesser-known secret spots.
- ^Cook, Bake, Makan Tour at Dignity Kitchen ™
- ^^Chinatown – A Journey into our Heritage Tour
Need to know
^Cook, Bake & Makan Session at Dignity Kitchen ™
- Program Flow:
9.00 am Guests will register at the Origin Journeys’ signage located at the Cashier Counter in Dignity Kitchen Food Court;
9.15 am Short Presentation and Tour of Dignity Kitchen by the Event Facilitator;
9.30 am Participants will begin with Introduction to Sign Language and order their beverage using the signs demonstrated They will be served with a freshly baked muffin or pandan cake together with their coffee/tea
10.00 am Draw in the Dark activity – 2 participants per team;
10.30 am Hygiene briefing and distribution of Hairnets, gloves & aprons. Cook, Bake & Makan session commences with preparation of two food items guided by differently-abled staff and facilitated by the Events team;
12.00 nn Participants will enjoy the dishes prepared plus Q&A
12.30 pm Farewell & Departure
- Child rates valid for 7-11 years old accompanied by an adult
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Availability: Friday & Saturday
- Duration: 3.5 hrs (9.00 AM to 12.30 PM or 2.00 PM to 5.30 PM on Fridays or Saturdays
- Please arrive meeting point 10 minutes before the tour schedule
- Meeting point: Dignity Kitchen™ - 69 Boon Keng Rd #01 Red Building (S) 339772
- Nearest MRT: Boon Keng MRT, Exit C
- Transfers: No transfer provided to the meeting point.
- Refunds: Tours are non-refundable once confirmed. No refund for no-shows or late arrivals.
- Currency: Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis.
^^Chinatown – A Journey into our Heritage Tour (includes)
- 2 hours guided tour of Chinatown
- Snack items
- Souvenir item
- English-Speaking Guide
- Tour Guide System during the tour (transmitter and receiver)
09:30 AM - Meet up at Telok Ayer MRT Station Exit A (Ground Level)
09:35 AM - Proceed for Chinatown Learning Journey:
- Telok Ayer (history/overview/food / heritage)
- Thian Hock Keng Temple
- Ann Siang Hill
- Club Street
- Murals in Chinatown
- South Bridge Road to emphasize 4 major religions on same street/multi-cultures / harmonious living
11:00 AM - Food Sampling at Famous Traditional Coffee Joint and a Local Coffee Brewing Experience
- DIY Traditional Coffee Brewery Experience
- 1 Pot of coffee for two persons
- Traditional Kaya Toast
- Souvenir to bring home as a memento
11:30 AM - End of tour
- Child rates valid from 3 - 11 years old
- Duration: 2 hours
- Availability: Saturday and Sunday
- Tour Time: 09:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- Meeting point: Telok Ayer MRT Station Exit A (Ground Level)
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour schedule
- Transfers: No transfer provided to the meeting point
- Tour Ends at Nanyang Old Coffee. No transfer will be provided back to the meeting point
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring own umbrella
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
A MINIMUM OF CONSOLIDATED 04 GUESTS IS REQUIRED FOR TOUR TO COMMENCE. SHOULD THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS IS NOT MET ON YOUR REQUESTED BOOKING DATE, WE WILL HAVE THE DISCRETION WHETHER TO OPERATE THE TOUR. IF WE DECIDE NOT TO OPERATE, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR OBTAIN A REFUND.