“The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.”
- Masanobu Fukuoka
Spend your morning visiting a rural slice of Northern Singapore with a jaunt to Kranji and Sembawang. Be surprised at what you will be able to find in Singapore’s beloved countryside areas. Start your journey at popular animal farm Hay Dairies goat farm to meet these curious and cute animals, then head to Sembawang to discover Kampung Kampus’ Organic Farm for a walkabout and a micro-farming workshop.
HAY DAIRIES GOAT FARM
The Hay family has been farming for more than three generations. Its present farm in Lim Chu Kang has been the only goat farm in Singapore since 1988. The farm has more than 800 goats of various breeds originating from Minnesota, USA. Visitors will spend some time observing their milking process during the introductory commentary, and then venture into the farm to feed and interact with these naturally sociable and curious creatures. Finally, sample the farm’s goat milk and collect your souvenir! The kids are sure to love this experience!
KAMPUNG KAMPUS SUSTAINABILITY FARM
Kampung Kampus Farm is a 6-acre organic farm in Northern Singapore. Learn about its sustainability mission, which manifests in its lush organic farm, its woodworking and recycling units that encourage a zero-waste lifestyle and its various volunteer-led initiatives and programmes that connect urbanites to the land and food sources. The farm grows more than 100 different types of crops and houses several educational partners that provide different farm education experiences.
- 3.5hr tour with Farm guide/chaperone throughout the itinerary
- Admission to Hay Dairies, 1 shared pack of alfalfa hay for goat feeding, 1 goat milk sample bottle and 1 Hay Dairies souvenir
- Admission to Kampung Kampus, guided farm tour and micro-farming workshop, 1 take-away cold drink + 1 snack
- Transfers from Kranji MRT station, transfer during the Farm Tour, drop off at Kranji MRT station at the end of tour
- Tour Guide System during the tour (transmitter and receiver)
9.15 AM - Meet at Kranji MRT. Our Farm guide will be there to meet and accompany you throughout the tour.
9.30 AM - Depart from Kranji MRT
9.45 AM - Welcome, introduction and goat milking observation at Hay Dairies Goat Farm
10.00 AM - Self exploration of the goat farm
10.30 AM - Transfer to Kampung Kampus Sustainability Farm
11.00 AM - Guided farm tour
11.45 AM - Microfarming workshop
12.45 PM - Depart for Kranji MRT
13.00 PM - Tour Ends
Note: the itinerary schedule above may differ
Need To Know:
- Join in Group / Minimum of 10 persons to go. We will group guests with others and reserve the right to postpone if the minimum number of guests are not met.
- Duration: 3.5 hrs
- Tour Timing: 9.30 AM – 1.00 PM
- Availability: Sunday. Additional selected days in School Holidays & Public Holidays.
- Meeting point: Kranji MRT Station (near CAKE Shop)
- Transfers: No transfer provided to meeting point
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before pick up time.
- Activities are suitable for participants of all age groups.
- What to wear : Light tropical clothing is recommended. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- What to bring : hat, insect repellent, water bottle, sunblock, and sunglasses.
- All materials required for the activities will be provided.
- Program operates in both dry and wet weather – all tour areas are sheltered
- Temperature of driver and passengers are checked
- Everyone must wear masks at all time while on board – minimal communication
- During the tour, the group must split into smaller groups (according to latest Govt’s Safe Management Measures guidelines).
- Farm Guide will ensure that smaller groups remain intact throughout the tour with no mingling at all time for safe management
- Gratuities for Farm Guide and Driver
- Additional Food and Beverages
- Transfers: Please make your own way to the meeting point
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 8873 6500
Please contact us for private group booking.
- Advance Booking is required. Confirmation is subject to availability.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon confirmation of booking
- Booking is non-refundable once confirmed
- No refund for no shows/late arrivals
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates)
- A minimum of 10 consolidated guests (vaccinated) is required for the experience to commence. We reserve the right to reschedule your booking date or provide you with a refund if the minimum number of guests is not met for your booking date.
Kranji MRT Station