Pulau Ubin is typically known to Singaporeans as a little run-down old island fit for a half-day bicycle ride around and for a cheap seafood meal thereafter.
What many do not know however is that this little gem is so much more than that! The National Parks Board estimates that the island has over 786 native plants, 242 birds, 201 butterflies, 89 mammals, reptiles & amphibians. Many of these species are very rare and some are not found on mainland Singapore. There are a number of critically endangered Bat, Otter, Bird, and Orchid species surviving on the island. Today, habitat enhancement projects on the island include shoreline restoration, reforestation, and freshwater habitat enrichment recovery programs.
What better way to discover all these than through a spirited walk through the island with our extremely knowledgeable and loveable guide!
Our guide takes you through a variety of habitats like the Mangroves, Rocky and Sandy Shores, Coastal and Secondary Forests, Abandoned Rubber and Coconut plantations, Fruit Orchids, Scrublands, and Fresh Water Ponds. Along the way, you hear about the incredible uses of medicinal plants, the flora, fauna, and the inside stories of people who continue to live on the island.
See Pulau Ubin in a different light! This is a great experience on which you get to rediscover the nature around us and perhaps even yourself!
A MINIMUM OF 05 GUESTS IS REQUIRED FOR TOUR TO COMMENCE. SHOULD THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS NOT BE MET ON YOUR REQUESTED BOOKING DATE, WE WILL HAVE THE DISCRETION AS TO WHETHER TO OPERATE THE TOUR. IF WE DECIDE NOT TO OPERATE, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR OBTAIN A REFUND
8.00am: Prepare to board the ferry with a maximum of 12 persons
8.30-9.00am: Arrival & safety briefing at Ubin jetty
9.30am: Commentary begins on the history of Ubin & its early settlers who inhabited the island. Make a short visit to the Ubin Nature Gallery to explore the exhibits.
9.45am: Guest will be provided with the option to explore Ubin on bicycle or walk around with the guide
10.30am: Gather at the specified arranged area. Guests will have the option to walk 40 mins to Chek Jawa wetlands or to take a van ( van on own cost)
11 .15am: Guests Gather at the Chek Jawa entrance Guide will deliver commentary & walk on the mangrove boardwalk and try to spot endangered species, some of which are not even found on mainland Singapore. Examples include Greater mouse-deer / hornbills/ straw headed bulbuls/Collared Kingfisher / pied fantail/magpie robin etc / mudskipper/Mud lobsters and their Mounds
1.00 pm: Leave Chek Jawa by van to Ubin jetty. Gather at jetty to board ferry to Mainland Singapore
Need to know:
- Child rates valid from 3 - 11 years old
- Availability: Saturday and Sunday
- Timing: 8.00AM – 1.00PM
- Duration: 5 hours
- Meeting Point: Changi Jetty
- Dress Code: Casual
- Comfortable Walking Shoe
- Bring own umbrella, drinking water
Tour Prices Includes :
- English Speaking Guide for Ubin Tour only
- Return Ferry Ticket
- National Orchid Garden admission ticket ( until stocks last/free and easy )
Tour Prices Excludes :
- Food and drinks in Ubin
- Accidents insurance coverage during the tour
- Transfer to the meeting point
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- Meeting Point: Changi Point Ferry Terminal (51 Lor Bekukong, S (499172)
- Please be at Meeting Point at least 15mins before start time.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Tours are non-refundable once confirmed
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates)
- No transfer provided from hotel/resident to tour assembly meeting point, unless specified
- Advance booking is required
Please contact us for private group booking.
Meeting PointChangi Point Ferry Terminal
51 Lor Bekukong, Singapore 499172