Looking to spend some quality bonding time with your kids out of the house, have them learn a little more about the original landing place for Singapore's early Chinese settlers their enclave, its progression into the current modern iteration, and enjoy great food along the way? Then read on!
Chinatown is the original enclave for Singapore’s early Chinese settlers. Today it has transformed into an extremely vibrant and modern melting pot of hip F&B joints, alternative flashpacker hostels, cultural treasures, and retail gems.
Navigating the entire Chinatown is a puzzle in itself, the area covering the four sub-districts of Kreta Ayer, Telok Ayer, Tanjong Pagar, and Bukit Pasoh.
Let our guide take you through the nooks and crannies of Chinatown and help you uncover the gems that dot the area as you learn about the importance of Chinatown throughout Singapore’s history and its transition through the decades.
Your professional guide is sure to keep your kids engaged with well-researched historical facts and stories along the way! Your guide begins the journey with stories of days old; you get to hear about opium dens, the underbelly and the triads that once ruled. You’ll also learn about the modern businesses that continue to thrive in these areas today and stop by the iconic landmarks as well as the lesser-known secret spots.
Our guide will show you the last remaining water well standing in the area and as well as a number of murals by famous artists dotting the area.
You will also get the chance to stop by a couple of traditional joints where you get the chance to try a number of snacks and try your hand at traditional coffee brewing! Put in some effort because you will have your own cup to taste afterward!
If you have not already discovered Chinatown or are looking for an easy explorative walk, to keep the kids occupied, learn more about the Chinese enclave and its histories and have numerous instagrammable opportunities along the way, this is the perfect experience for you!
09:30 AM - Meet up at Telok Ayer MRT Station Exit A (Ground Level)
09:35 AM - Proceed for Chinatown Learning Journey:
- Telok Ayer (history/overview/food / heritage)
- Thian Hock Keng Temple
- Ann Siang Hill
- Club Street
- Murals in Chinatown
- South Bridge Road to emphasize 4 major religions on same street/multi-cultures / harmonious living
11:00 AM - Food Sampling at Famous Traditional Coffee Joint and a Local Coffee Brewing Experience
- DIY Traditional Coffee Brewery Experience
- 1 Pot of coffee for two persons
- Traditional Kaya Toast
- Souvenir to bring home as a memento
11:30 AM - End of tour
Need to know:
- Child rates valid from 3 - 11 years old
- Duration: 2 hours
- Availability: Saturday and Sunday
- Tour Time: 09:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- Meeting point: Telok Ayer MRT Station Exit A (Ground Level)
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour schedule
- Transfers: No transfer provided to the meeting point
- Tour Ends at Nanyang Old Coffee. No transfer will be provided back to meeting point
- Wear comfortable shoes, need a lot of walking
- Bring own umbrella
Tour Prices Includes :
- 2 hours guided tour of Chinatown
- Snack items
- Souvenir item
- English-Speaking Guide
- Tour Guide System during the tour (transmitter and receiver)
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Tours are non-refundable once confirmed
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates)
- No transfer provided from hotel/resident to tour assembly meeting point, unless specified
- Advance booking is required
A MINIMUM OF CONSOLIDATED 02 GUESTS IS REQUIRED FOR TOUR TO COMMENCE. SHOULD THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS IS NOT MET ON YOUR REQUESTED BOOKING DATE, WE WILL HAVE THE DISCRETION WHETHER TO OPERATE THE TOUR. IF WE DECIDE NOT TO OPERATE, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR OBTAIN A REFUND.
Sign up as in Origin Journeys’ Insider to get the Singapore Sling at a 1-for-1 price and special deals at No.5 , Ice Cold Beer and Que Pasa at Emerald Hills! https://originjourneys.com/pages/member-benefits
Please contact us for private group booking.