This Product Listing comprises 3 separate Experiences which can be booked on different dates:
- Hainanese Heritage Tour
- Orient Express Exhibition Admission Ticket
- Gardens by the Bay Admission Ticket
The date selection above you have to select is for the HAINANESE HERITAGE TOUR. Do drop us an email or phone call to arrange the inclusions.
Hainanese Heritage Tour
There are more incredible stories to be told of the Hainanese people who congregated around the Bugis and City hall area; the Hainanese culture in these areas is still very much alive today. On this journey, we discover Middle Road, Purvis Street and Seah Street; colloquially known to the Hainanese community as the Hainan First Street, Second Street and Third Street. Visit the popular Hainanese food haunts such as the Sing Swee Kee Restaurant and YY Kafei Dian. Listen to stories of yesteryear and how the innovative descendants of the Hainanese operate today as captains of industry in a vast variety of fields. We also get a very special insider’s look into the Raffles Singapore and visit the uber popular Sunny Hills store for tea. Come hungry!
The Orient Express was a luxury train service created in 1883 by Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits. A myth for over 135 years, Orient Express remains a symbol of luxury travel and timeless refinement today.
Once Upon A Time on The Orient Express offers our guests an exclusive guided journey through the history of the Orient Express, allowing you to relive the experience of famous travellers who boarded the train decades ago.
Explore plant life from around the world. From diverse species in the Cooled Conservatories to towering vertical gardens and much more, discover a world where wonder blooms at Gardens by the Bay.
Package Price includes:
- ^Origin Journeys’ Hainanese Heritage Tour
- ^^ Orient Express Admission Ticket
- ^^^ Gardens by the Bay Admission ticket
Need to Know:^Origin Journeys’ Hainanese Heritage Tour (includes):
- Afternoon Tea Snack at Sunny Hills include 1 cup of hot brew tea with a pineapple cake + a D24 durian love letter
- Sing Swee Kee’s Chef OR Restaurant’s Manager to share briefly on the story of Seah Street and Hainanese influence
- Chicken Rice Workshop
- A set of chicken rice include a cake, spring roll, pipa tofu and xiao bai chye + a cup of barley drinks
- Raffles Hotel Key Chain (one per person)
- English Speaking Guide
- Tour Guide System during the tour (transmitter and receiver)
2:00 PM Begin with hi tea at Sunny Hills (tea set includes a D24 durian love letter (1roll) + 1 pineapple cake and 1 cup of hot brew tea
2.30 PM Guide will take you on a slow walk through the Hainan First Street (Middle Road). Hainan Second Street (Purvis Street) and Hainan Third Street (Seah Street).
4.30 PM Proceed to Sing Swee Kee Restaurant for Chicken Rice Workshop - includes Chicken Rice Cake Workshop (45 mins demo + workshop) + sampling dishes of Spring Roll, Pipa Tofu and Ciao Bai Chye + Glass of Barley (Hot/cold)
5.30 PM Proceed to Raffles Singapore and get inside access to its historical grounds and interior compound. Plus, a shopping extravaganza at Raffles Boutique.
6.00 PM You will leave this journey with a beautiful memento in the form of a thoughtfully crafted enamel Singapore Sling keychainAdditional Information - Tour:
- Child rates valid for 3-11 years old
- Duration: 4 hours.
- Availability: Saturday
- Tour Time: 2.00 PM to 6.00 PM
- Please arrive meeting point 10 minutes before the tour schedule
- Meeting point: Sunny Hills (3 Seah St, Singapore 188379)
- Transfers: No transfer provided to the meeting point. Tour ends at Sing Swee Kee, no transfer back to the meeting point.
- Wear a comfortable shoe
- Bring own umbrella
- Refunds: Tours are non-refundable once confirmed. No refund for no-shows or late arrivals.
- Currency: Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis.
NO DINE-IN SMM RULING
In the event, should the government impose No Dine-in Safety Management Measures at all food and beverage (F&B) establishment under Covid-19 (Heightened Alert) Rules.
TAKEAWAY meal will be arranged to replace the original dine-in tour component.
^Afternoon Tea Snack at SunnyHills - replace byTakeaway Hi-Tea Set
- D24 Durian Love Letter (1rool)
- Pineapple Tart (1 tart)
- Cool Brewed Oolong Tea (1 cup)
^Sing Swee Kee Chicken Rice Workshop - replace byTakeaway Chicken Rice Bento Menu + chef will demo 1set chicken rice cake
- Choice of Roasted/ White Chicken with steamed rice
- Choice of Spring Roll/ Thai Tofu
- Choice of Xiao Bai Chye/ Beansprouts
- Choice of 1 bottle of chilli sauce / green ginger sauce
^^Orient Express Exhibition:
- Guests must secure a timeslot based on the date reflected on their purchased tickets.
- Guests to explore the Gallery on their own
- Tour is not recommended to guests on a wheelchair or has walking problem
- Valid till 12 September 2021
^^^ Gardens by the Bay
Operating Hours : (Flower Dome & Cloud Forest): Daily, 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Closure Dates for Maintenance:
Cloud Forest: 16 Aug / 13 Sep / 4 Oct / 22 Nov / 13 Dec 2021
Flower Dome: 17 Aug / 14 Sep / 5 Oct / 23 Nov / 14 Dec 2021
- All visitors are required to pre-book their visit date to ensure safe distancing and better crowd regulation.
- The date selection above is indicative. The voucher issued to you can be used for visits on any date. You will need to book your visit to the Gardens by the Bay website (click here).
For Booking Enquiries:
- Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No refund for no shows
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Booking is non-refundable once confirmed
- Advance reservation is required
A MINIMUM OF CONSOLIDATED 07 GUESTS IS REQUIRED FOR THE TOUR TO COMMENCE. SHOULD THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS IS NOT MET ON YOUR REQUESTED BOOKING DATE, WE WILL HAVE THE DISCRETION OF WHETHER TO OPERATE THE TOUR. IF WE DECIDE NOT TO OPERATE, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR OBTAIN A REFUND.
3 Seah Street, (S) 188379
Gardens by the Bay
West Lawn (next to Bayfront Plaza), 18 Marina Gardens Drive, (S) 018953
Gardens By The Bay
18 Marina Gardens Dr, (S) 018953