Terms and Conditions
ORIGIN JOURNEYS TERMS & CONDITIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Please read the following carefully as they set out your respective rights and obligations. Any reference to “you” and “your” in these Booking Conditions refers to the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made for.
- By making a booking, that first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons such booking is made on behalf of that:
- he/she appreciates and accepts the risks involved in partaking in travel related products and services set out on our website;
- he/she is over 18 years of age and where placing an order for stays/tours/experiences with age restrictions declares that he/she and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services.
B. TO SECURE YOUR BOOKING
- To enable us to secure a booking, you must make full payment via credit/debit card upon checkout or contact us within 24 hours of making a booking if you wish to make payment via bank transfer.
- All bookings are treated as ‘not-guaranteed’’ bookings - at this point the booking is only provisional and is not confirmed. Your booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when we send you an e-mail or SMS to confirm that your booking has been confirmed. It is at this point that a contract between you and us comes into existence.
- Any acknowledgement of your booking request we send to you in the meantime is not a confirmation of your booking.
- Before your booking is confirmed and a contract comes into force, we reserve the right to increase or decrease hotel/tour/experience prices where such third-parties increase prices. Where our allocation hotel rooms, tour seats or tickets have been fully utilised or where it is not possible to offer an alternative booking date, we reserve the right to pass on to you any extra costs incurred. We (and our agents) reserve the right to decline any booking at our absolute discretion.
- If you book via our website, we will communicate with you by e-mail. We may also contact you by telephone if we are not able to, for whatever reason, contact you by e-mail. Certain documents may need to be sent by post such as hardcopy show tickets. References in these conditions to “send” and “in writing” or similar include communication by e-mail. You should contact us by e-mail if you need to do so for any of the reasons mentioned in these booking conditions (for example, to request an amendment). All e-mails should be sent to HYPERLINK "mailto:email@example.com" firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. LATE BOOKINGS
- For bookings received within 1 week of the start of your stay/tour/experience (or at an earlier stage for certain stays/tours/experiences), we reserve the right to pass on any extra costs incurred due to the late nature of the booking, we will advise you of such additional costs at the time that you make your booking via telephone.
D. PAYMENT FOR YOUR STAY/TOUR/EXPERIENCE
- The balance of all monies due, including any surcharges applicable at that time, must be received by us (or our authorised travel agent) no later than 3 days before the start of your stay/tour/experience. For certain stays/tours/experiences, full payment must be received at an earlier stage before the start of your tour. You will be advised at the time of booking when this is the case.
- If we do not receive this balance in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which case certain cancellation charges set out below will become payable.
- You can make payment by credit, debit card or via bank transfer. We accept Visa, Mastercard and bank transfers. Other payment methods may be available on our booking page. Please contact us for more information.
- We endeavour to ensure that all the prices and information both on our website and in any media that we publish are accurate, however occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances.
- We reserve the right to amend the price \at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed bookings.
- We also reserve the right to increase the price of confirmed holidays solely to allow for increases which are a direct consequence of changes in the level of taxes or fees chargeable for services applicable to the stay/tour/experience imposed by third parties not directly involved in the performance of the stay/tour/experience, including government taxes and such.
G. CHANGE OR TRANSFER YOUR BOOKING
- If you wish to change any part of your booking after our e-mail confirmation has been issued, you must inform us by telephone at least 72 hours prior to the commencement of the stay/tour/experience. This should be done by the first named person on the booking. Whilst we will do our best to assist, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change.
- Where we can meet a request, an administration fee of SGD$5 per booking per person plus any additional costs or charges incurred by us or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers will be charged, if a confirmed booking is changed or transferred to a different date or tour at least 72 hours prior to the commencement of such stay/tour/experience. Thereafter all changes will be treated as cancellations and subject to the cancellation charges. Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking we will treat this as a cancellation by you. A cancellation fee may be payable.
- Exchange rates on our website are provided by the Shopify platform. Rates are based on pricing in Singapore Dollars.
H. TRANSFER OF BOOKINGS
- If you or any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person(s) may transfer their place to someone else, subject to the following conditions:
- Allowance of such transfer by the hotel or tour/experinece operator;
- that person is introduced by you and satisfies all the conditions applicable to the holiday;
- we are notified not less than 72 hours before commencement of the stay/tour/experience;
- you pay any outstanding balance payment, an amendment fee of SGD$5 per person transferring, as well as any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer; and
- the transferee agrees to these booking conditions and all other terms of the contract between us.
- You and the transferee remain jointly and severally liable for payment of all sums. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out in these Booking Conditions will apply in order to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
- If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing via email at least 7 days prior to the commencement of the stay/tour/experience. Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing by us at HYPERLINK "mailto:email@example.com" firstname.lastname@example.org and will be effective from the date on which we reply with a confirmation of your cancellation.
- Since we incur costs in cancelling your arrangements, you may have to pay the cancellation charges that are charged to us by the various third-parties.
- Amendment charges are not refundable in the event of cancellation.
- Cancellation by You due to Unavoidable & Extraordinary Circumstances:
- You have the right to cancel your confirmed holiday before departure without paying a cancellation charge in the event of “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” occurring at your holiday destination or its immediate vicinity and significantly affecting the performance of the holiday or significantly affecting the transport arrangements to the destination. In these circumstances, we may provide you with a full refund of the monies you have paid, provided the hotel or tour operator provides us with such full refund. We will not be liable to pay you any additional compensation.
- For the purposes of this clause, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” means warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination.
- If we make an insignificant change to your tour, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your stay/tour/experience but we will have no liability to you. Examples of insignificant changes include change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard.
- Occasionally we may have to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements. Examples of “significant changes” include the following, when made before departure:
- A change of accommodation area for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower standard or classification for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A significant change to your tour/experience itinerary, missing out one or more parts of the tour/experience entirely.
- Cancellation: We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 24 hours before your stay/tour/experience, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. We may cancel your stay/tour/experience before this date if, e.g., the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached.
- If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of:
- (for significant changes) accepting the changed arrangements; or
- having a refund of all monies paid; or
- accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of a comparable or higher standard from us, if available (at no extra cost); or
- if available, accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of a lower standard, with a refund of the price difference between the original arrangements and the alternative arrangements.
2. You must notify us of your choice within 48 hours of our offer. If we do not hear from you within 48 hours, we will contact you again to request notification of your choice. If you fail to respond again, we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
K. FORCE MAJEURE
- Except where otherwise expressly stated in these conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability, refund or pay compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any injury, damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of “Force Majeure”. For the purposes of these Booking Conditions, Force Majeure means any event beyond our or our supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19, other serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labour strikes, natural or nuclear disaster, disease, fire, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the concerned supplier(s) control.
L. CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY
- You must provide any information we ask for within the time we stipulate and are responsible for providing accurate information to us in order for us to complete your booking. This includes the on boarding form that you will be asked to complete prior to your adventure. It is important that you complete all information we request accurately and on time as we cannot be held responsible for any problems or additional costs that may arise from any inaccurate or incomplete information that you may provide.
- You agree to accept the authority and decisions of our employees, tour leaders, drivers and guides whilst taking part in your stay/tour/experience. If in the opinion of any such person(s) or any other person in a position of authority (such as, for example, the tour leader or hotel manager), your health, level of fitness or conduct at any time before or during a stay/tour/experience is endangering or appears likely to endanger the health or wellbeing of yourself or any third party (including any other clients of ours) or the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, you may be excluded from all or part of the tour without refund or compensation, this will also be the case where it is discovered that you have committed a dangerous or criminal act (such as causing damage).
- If you are excluded, we will have no further responsibility towards you and we will not meet any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the exclusion nor refund you for any unused services.
- When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss (reasonably estimated if not precisely known) must be made direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier or to us as soon as possible.
- Any clients who have taken part in offensive, abusive or any other form of discriminatory behaviour to any of our clients or to any third party will be excluded from the stay/tour/experience and will receive no refund for any missed services or accommodation.
M. HEALTH, DISABILITIES AND MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- We will do our utmost to cater for any customised requirements you may have. If you have any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in a stay/tour/experience, please contact us before you make payment for your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the proposed stay/tour/experience and/or making the booking.
N. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bookings are accepted on the understanding that you and your party appreciate and accept the possible risks inherent in such stays/tours/experiences and that you undertake such stay/tour/experience at your own volition.
- We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any loss, injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
- the acts and/or omissions of the person affected; or
- the acts and/or omissions of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unavoidable and extraordinary; or
- Force Majeure (as defined above).
2. Please note, we will not accept any liability for any loss, Damage or expense or other sum(s) of any description which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you.
3. We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our agreement.. For example any service or facility which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
O. OPTIONAL ADD-ON BOOKINGS
- We and our tour leaders and third-party vendors may provide you with information about optional activities and excursions which do not form part of your pre-booked stay/tour/experience but which are available in the area you are visiting. We have no involvement in any such activities or excursions which are not run, supervised or controlled in any way by us. They are provided by local operators or other providers who are entirely independent of us and they may or may not have their own liability insurance. They do not form any part of your contract with us even where we suggest particular operators / providers and / or assist you in booking such stays/tours/experiences in any way.
- Where payment for such stays/tours/experiences is collected or we otherwise assist in booking any such stays/tours/experiences for you, we and the tour leader act solely as booking agent for the local operator / provider of the activity or excursion with whom you will have a contract. The local operator / provider’s terms and conditions will apply independently of these Booking Conditions.
- We cannot accept any liability on any basis in relation to such activities or excursions.
- This contract is between you and us. Singapore law applies to the contract and any dispute, claim or other matter of any description which arises between us must be dealt with by the Courts of Singapore only.
- The Origin Journeys Standard Chartered promotion (“Promotion”) is valid from 20 October to 31 December 2020 (“Promotion Period”) and is applicable to all Standard Chartered cardholders (collectively “Eligible Cardholders”).
- Payment must be made with a Standard Chartered credit card
- Eligible Cardholders must quote the promo code set out below when booking. Promo code is “SC” followed by the the first 6 digits of an Eligible Cardholder’s Standard Chartered Credit Card.
- Promo Code: SC<first 6 digits of credit card>. For example, SC123456
- Under this Promotion, Eligible Cardholders and their companions may enjoy up to 5% off all listed prices for products and services on the originjourneys.com website, excluding the following: all cruise products; and purchases falling on 25th to 27th October 2020.
- TTDMC, the owner and operator of the originjourneys.com website may exclude other products/services from the Promotion at its discretion from time to time.
- Eligible Cardholders will be required to send all booking requests to email@example.com.
- Emails sent by Eligible Cardholders to firstname.lastname@example.org are only booking requests until such time they receive a booking confirmation email from TTDMC.
- TTDMC may request for Eligible Cardholders to provide proof that they are making such bookings using a Standard Chartered credit card.
- Standard Chartered The Good Life® Programme General Terms and Conditions apply.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Merchant’s Terms and Conditions and Standard Chartered The Good Life® Programme General Terms and Conditions, these Merchant’s Terms and Conditions shall prevail only to the extent of such inconsistency.
- View https://originjourneys.com/pages/standard-chartered for more information