Tour price based on group of 5 persons
As you stroll through quiet Alexandra Park, imagine a simpler time. The black & white houses in the estate were built for British officers from Alexandra and Gillman Barracks, as well as medical personnel employed in the nearby Alexandra Military Hospital. This tour delves into architectural features of these iconic houses, their history, and the lifestyle of the people who lived here in the past.This estate features four different types of black & white houses. Most of the homes were built in the 1930s, some in tropical Art Deco style, with its streamlined appearance and flat roofs. Some of the houses here are special in that due to the hilly terrain, they were built on pillars of varying heights.
- Art Deco-style Old Institute of Dental Health Building
- B&Ws on stilts
- Canterbury/Wincester /Russel/ York Roads
- Plantation House
- Stop Vinyard Hortpark for drinks (for evening tour only)
- Your tour will be escorted by a passionate Singapore Architecture team guide
- Audio listen sets are used so everyone can hear their guide clearly and maintain social distance
Need To Know:
- Availability: Monday to Saturday
- Tour Time: 9.00AM – 12.00PM (Morning Tour)
- 6.00PM – 8.00PM (Evening Tour)
- Tour Duration: 3 hours (morning tour)
- 2 hours (evening tour)
- Meeting Point: Hort Park, 33 Hyderabad Road, S (119578)
- Ending Point : Hort Park (morning tour) and Vinyard Hortpark (evening tour)
- Please be at the meeting point 15 mins before the tour start
- Transfers: No transfer provided to the meeting point
- Wear Comfortable Footwear
- Bring Umbrella
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis.
- Full payment will be required upon booking.
- Purchase is non-refundable once confirmed.
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates.
Meeting Point :
Hort Park, 33 Hyderabad Road, S (119578)
Image Credit : Jane's SG Tours