Click HERE to book using your Singapore Rediscovery Voucher!
“I found more answers in the Woods than I ever did in the City”
– Mary Davis
If you’re looking for your first foray into an easy-going trekking journey amidst dense forests with an incredibly knowledgeable trekking guide or just an escape from jarring city life then read on!
Pulau Ubin is typically known to Singaporeans as a little run-down old island fit for a half-day bicycle ride around and for a cheap seafood meal thereafter.
What many do not know however is that this little gem is so much more than that! The National Parks Board estimates that the island has over 786 native plants, 242 birds, 201 butterflies, 89 mammals, reptiles & amphibians. Many of these species are very rare and some are not found on mainland Singapore. There are a number of critically endangered Bat, Otter, Bird, and Orchid species surviving on the island. Today, habitat enhancement projects on the island include shoreline restoration, reforestation, and freshwater habitat enrichment recovery programs.
What better way to discover all these than through a spirited walk through the island with our extremely knowledgeable and experienced guide!
Our guide takes you through a variety of habitats like the Mangroves, Rocky and Sandy Shores, Coastal and Secondary Forests, Abandoned Rubber and Coconut plantations, Fruit Orchids, Scrublands, and Fresh Water Ponds. Along the way, you hear about the incredible uses of medicinal plants, the flora, fauna, and the inside stories of people who continue to live on the island.
See Pulau Ubin in a different light! This is a great experience on which you get to rediscover the nature around us and perhaps even yourself!
Price Includes :
- 6hr Guided tour of Pulau Ubin
- STB Licensed English Speaking Nature Guide
- Return Ferry Tickets
- 1way Private mini-van in Pulau Ubin
- Tour Guide System during the tour (transmitter and receiver)
9.00 AM – Meet at Changi Point Ferry Terminal - Tour Overview & Safe Measures Management
9.15 AM – Depart Changi Point Ferry Terminal for Pulau Ubin
9.30 AM – Arrive at Pulau Ubin, Safety Briefing & History of Pulau Ubin (**Ubin Nature Gallery map – Subject if the place is open)
- Discover Sensory Trail & Crops Garden
- Fruit trees
- Coffee, Jasmine, Coconuts, etc
11.00 AM – Discovery of the main village (more stories) -"Wayang" stage & Ubin Volunteer Hub
11.30 AM – Assembly area (For Lunch - please bring along your own meals/picnics)
12.15 PM - Trek to Puaka Hill
- Along the way showing of old houses and gardens
- Pekan Quarry
- Ah Ma Drink Stall
- Sluice gate and prawn farming
- Puaka Hill (74m - above sea level -Picturesque view)
14.30 PM - Depart from Puaka Hill by Van to Jetty
14.45 PM – Depart Ubin Jetty
15.00 PM – Arrive at Changi Point Ferry Terminal
Need To Know:
- Join in Group / Minimum of 6 persons to go - Maximum 11 paxs per group. We will group guests with others and reserve the right to postpone if the minimum number of guests are not met.
- Guided walking tour
- Child rate: valid for 3-11 years old
- 10, 15 & 22 November 2021
- 09 & 21 December 2021
- Timing: 9.00AM – 3.00PM
- Duration: 6 hours
- Meeting Point: Changi Point Ferry Terminal (51 Lor Bekukong, S (499172)
- Please be at Meeting Point at least 15mins before start time.
- What to wear: Casual attire. Long pants & long-sleeved shirt. Comfortable walking shoes that cover the entire foot is mandatory
- Footwear: Comfortable Walking Shoes. NO crocs / sandals / slippers.
- What to bring: Bring your own drinking water/cap/hat/poncho/umbrella/insect repellant and sunscreen recommended. Another pair of footwear to change into.
Important notes to all participants:
- Please arrive on time as the boat will depart promptly.
- If you are bringing snacks, please ensure that it is kept in your bag during this trip. Do dispose of your trash responsibly.
- There might be wildlife encounters along the way, do not feed or provoke them.
- Please bring only essentials as you will be required to carry your belongings with you and they could get wet.
- Please be responsible for your own safety. Drinking lots of water and wearing a hat or cap is recommended to prevent heat exhaustion or heat stroke. You may wish to be prepared for a change in weather through the walk.
- For safety reasons, tours may be canceled in the event of inclement weather. Every effort will be made to contact participants through the contact numbers provided during their registration should the tour be canceled.
- Gratuities for the guide
- Lunch is not provided / other Food and Beverages
- Accidents insurance coverage during the tour
- Transfers: Please make your own way to the meeting point
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 8873 6500
Please contact us for private group booking.
- Advance booking is required. Confirmation is subject to availability.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Booking is non-refundable once confirmed
- No refund for no shows/late arrivals
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates)
- A minimum of 6 consolidated guests (vaccinated)) is required for the experience to commence. We reserve the right to reschedule your booking date or provide you with a refund if the minimum number of guests is not met for your booking date.
Changi Point Ferry Terminal
51 Lor Bekukong, (S) 499172