Explore plant life from around the world. From diverse species in the Cooled Conservatories to towering vertical gardens and much more, discover a world where wonder blooms at Gardens by the Bay
Flower Dome - Step into the Flower Dome and stand in awe of nature. Spectacular and innovative, it is the largest glass greenhouse in the world as listed in the 2015 Guinness World Records! Be amazed by changing display of flowers and plants from the Mediterranean and semi-arid regions.
Replicating the cool and dry Mediterranean climate, Flower Dome showcases exotic plants from five continents which are displayed in nine different Gardens. Wander amongst thousand-year-old olive trees and unusual Baobabs as you take in sights of the Flower Field Display
Cloud Forest - Enter the Cloud Forest, a mysterious world veiled in mist. Take in breath-taking mountain views surrounded by diverse vegetation and hidden floral gems. And learn about rare plants and their fast-disappearing environment.
Explore the tropical highlands amidst orchids, pitcher plants and ferns from the cool-moist Tropical Montane region. Be amazed as you encounter our breath-taking indoor waterfall at 30 metres and descend through the surreal mist-filled Cloud Walk and Treetop Walk.
Sing Swee Kee Restaurant
Sing Swee Kee was founded in 2001. As its popularity grew among locals and foreign visitors, Sing Swee Kee expanded its premises into a full-service restaurant, retaining its roots in Seah Street, directly opposite the iconic Raffles Hotel.
While its menu has expanded over time, its tender, juicy Hainanese blanched chicken, paired with fragrant Chicken Rice along with chilli sauce and green ginger puree based on secret home recipes formulated and mastered by their Hainanese pioneers are the mainstays that keep loyal locals and overseas customers flocking back to the restaurant.
Hainanese Chicken Rice has its roots deeply lodged into Singaporean culture. The debate as to where this traditional dish originated from and who dishes out the best continues to rage on with no end in sight - You have heard your aunty tell you that a particular outlet prepares the most fragrant rice and with another having the most succulent chickens; Your uncle thinks the chilli from a particular outlet is the only reason to eat Chicken Rice and that the dark soy sauce is brewed by magical Hainanese fairies.
A true blue Singaporean/Foodie (terms used interchangeably) would appreciate that there is more than meets the eye to this exquisite dish and what better way than to let a Chicken Rice masterchef take you through the depth and layers of these age old arguments and at the same time teach you how to prepare Chicken Rice in an entirely novel way?
Sing Swee Kee’s incredibly engaging ~chef~ team takes you through the intricate steps in designing your own Chicken Rice ~Sushi ~ Cake and along the way you might learn a secret or two about how to prepare each ingredient that comes together in that hearty meal we all so love.
End off your experience with delicious sides prepared by the chef to accompany your own creation - you better put some effort into preparing your own meal!
Need to know:
- Workshop suitable for children from 4 years old & above
- Workshop Duration: 1.5 hours
- Availability: Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Workshop Timing: Batch 1 : 11.00 AM – 12.30 PM
- Batch 2 : 2.30 PM – 4.00 PM
- Batch 3 : 4.30 PM – 6.00 PM
- Meeting Point: Sing Swee Kee Restaurant (address: 34-35 Seah Street, S(188391)
- Child rates valid for 3 - 11 years old
- Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before tour schedule
- Transfers: No transfer provided to meeting point
- Admission Ticket to Flower Dome and Cloud Forest
- Sing Swee Kee’s Chef or Restaurant’s Manager to share briefly on the story of Seah Street and Hainanese influence
- Chicken Rice Workshop
- A set of chicken rice include a cake, spring roll, pipa tofu and xiao bai chye + a cup of barley drinks
- S$5.00 off for purchase of minimum S$30.00 (not valid with other discount)
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- No refund for no shows or late arrivals.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Tours are non-refundable once confirmed
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates
- ^ Advance reservation is required
*A MINIMUM OF 2 GUESTS IS REQUIRED FOR WORKSHOP TO COMMENCE. SHOULD THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS NOT BE MET ON YOUR REQUESTED BOOKING DATE, WE WILL HAVE THE DISCRETION AS TO WHETHER TO OPERATE THE WORKSHOP. IF WE DECIDE NOT TO OPERATE, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR OBTAIN A REFUND
Gardens By The Bay
18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953
Operating Hours: Tuesday to Sunday & Public Holiday from 9.00 AM to 8:00 PM
Closure Dates for Maintenance
Cloud Forest: 14 Dec /11 Jan / 22 Feb / 22 Mar / 19 Apr/ 10 May/14 Jun
Flower Dome: 15 Dec /12 Jan / 23 Feb / 23 Mar / 20 Apr/ 11 May/15 Jun
Sing Swee Kee Restaurant
34-35 Seah Street, Singapore 188391
Image credit: Gardens by the Bay / Sing Swee Kee