The Orient Express was a luxury train service created in 1883 by Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits. A myth for over 135 years, Orient Express remains a symbol of luxury travel and timeless refinement today.
Once Upon A Time on The Orient Express offers our guests an exclusive guided journey through the history of the Orient Express, allowing you to relive the experience of famous travellers who boarded the train decades ago.
For the first time ever, two original 1930 train carriages which are National Treasures of France and a 158-year-old locomotive have been shipped from France and sit with pride within a 2000m2 exhibition space located within the Gardens by the Bay, Singapore.
Revel in the glory of these original carriages and more than 300 precious artefacts as our guide takes you on a journey back into the days of famous patrons such as Tolstoy, Trotsky, Lawrence of Arabia and the spy Mata Hari.
We will present some of the most extraordinary objects showcasing decades’ old history that retraces the legacy of the train, allowing you to learn about events that transformed the world, and shaped the map.
Peruse old uniforms, marketing paraphernalia, paintings, priceless porcelains and even an original Louis Vuitton trunk used then.
Our guided Insider experience brings the showcase to life through our guides’ deep understanding of the histories of the train and company.
Your experience ends off with a cocktail at Lavo Singapore perched on the 57th floor of the Marina Bay Sands.
This is an incredible experience for he entire family and is sure to pique the imagination of those in love with days of old and frontier travel.
Explore plant life from around the world. From diverse species in the Cooled Conservatories to towering vertical gardens and much more, discover a world where wonder blooms at Gardens by the Bay (Guests will explore Gardens by the Bay at any time / date on their own)
Need To Know:
- Minimum 4 persons is required to run the tour
- Availability: Saturday & Sunday
- Tour Time: 3.00 PM to 5.00 PM
- Duration: 2 hours
- Meeting Point: Bayfront Plaza, Gardens by the Bay
- Please be at the meeting point 10mins before tour schedule
- Transfers: No transfer provided
- Tour is not suitable for people with difficulty walking or on wheelchair
- Admission ticket to Orient Express Exhibition
- English Speaking Guide
- One Glass of Signature Cocktail/ Mocktail per person at Lavo
- ^Two Domes admission at Gardens by the Bay
Child Policy :
- Rate are applicable for adult and child
- Complimentary admission to Orient Express for children ages 3 and below
- Complimentary admission at Gardens by the bay for ages 2 and below
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- No refund for no shows
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Booking are non-refundable once confirmed
- ^ Gardens by the Bay eticket will be sent to guest email address. Guest will explore the park at any time / date on their own
- ^ All visitors are required to pre-book their visit date to Gardens by the Bay to ensure safe distancing and better crowd regulation.
A MINIMUM OF CONSOLIDATED 04 GUESTS IS REQUIRED FOR TOUR TO COMMENCE. SHOULD THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS IS NOT MET ON YOUR REQUESTED BOOKING DATE, WE WILL HAVE THE DISCRETION WHETHER TO OPERATE THE TOUR. IF WE DECIDE NOT TO OPERATE, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR OBTAIN A REFUND
Gardens by the Bay
West Lawn (next to Bayfront Plaza), 18 Marina Gardens Drive Singapore 018953
Lavo Italian Restaurant and Rooftop Bar
Marina Bay Sands Hotel Tower 1, Level 57 Sands Skypark
Operating Hours: 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Dress Code for Lavo : Smart Casual
Gardens By The Bay
18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953
Operating Hours: Daily from 9.00 AM to 8:00 PM
Closure Dates for Maintenance
Cloud Forest: 22 Feb / 22 Mar /19 Apr/10 May/14 Jun
Flower Dome: 23 Feb / 23 Mar /20 Apr/11 May/15 Jun