"The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.”
- Masanobu Fukuoka
Spend your morning visiting three local farms with long and impressive histories. Be surprised at what you will be able to unearth and the amazing anecdotes your guide will share with you along the way. Take the chance to purchase the freshest produce you will find in Singapore. This is one for the young and youthful at heart and will definitely fulfill your morning with an experience away from the bustle of the city, learning about our local food producers.
HAY DAIRIES GOAT FARM
The Hay family has been farming for more than three generations. Its present farm in Lim Chu Kang has been the only goat farm in Singapore since 1988. The farm has more than 800 goats of various breeds originating from Minnesota, USA. Visitors will spend some time observing their milking process during the introductory commentary, and then venture into the farm to feed and interact with these naturally sociable and curious creatures. Finally, sample the farm’s goat milk and collect your souvenir! The kids are sure to love this experience!
KIN YAN AGROTECH
Kin Yan Agrotech is Singapore’s only organic wheatgrass and mushroom farm. The farm had its beginnings in 1997 with a focus on organic wheatgrass as the founders believed in the plant's nutritional and restorative properties. Today, it has expanded its variety of crops to include many edible mushrooms, cacti and flora. One thing that remains unchanged is their commitment to nature and health, using only natural compost during the cultivation process and doing most of the manufacturing and packaging on our farm to minimize its carbon footprint.
NIPPON KOI FARM
Nippon Koi Farm was established in 1975 and is known to be one of the premier koi breeders in Singapore. In the past decade, they have shifted their focus to food fish to allow Singapore to achieve its 30% by 2030 food security goal. On the guided tour, walk through the koi ponds and the aquaculture systems that grow nutritious fish and leafy greens for Singapore’s restaurants and consumers. The visit also includes a chance to purchase fresh fish, prawns and vegetables at the end of the visit.
- 3.5hr tour with Farm guide/chaperone throughout the itinerary
- Admission to Hay Dairies, 1 shared packet alfalfa hay for goat feeding, 1 goat milk sample bottle and 1 Hay Dairies souvenir
- Admission to Kin Yan Agrotech, guided farm tour and 1 mushroom growing kit
- Guided Farm Tour at Nippon Koi Farm
- Transfers from Kranji MRT station, transfer during the Farm Tour, drop off at Kranji MRT station at the end of tour
- Tour Guide System during the tour (transmitter and receiver)
9.15 AM - Meet at Kranji MRT Station. Our Farm guide will be there to meet and accompany you throughout the tour.
9.30 AM - Depart from Kranji MRT Station
9.45 AM - Welcome, introduction and goat milking observation at Hay Dairies Goat Farm
10.00 AM - Self exploration of the goat farm
10.30 AM - Transfer to Kin Yan Agrotech
10.45 AM - Guided tour of Kin Yan Agrotech (inclusive of mushroom growing kit to take home) and farm produce shopping
11.30 AM - Transfer to Nippon Koi Farm
11.45 AM - Guided farm tour of Nippon Koi Farm and opportunity to purchase farm fresh fish and prawns
12.45 PM - Depart for Kranji MRT Station
13.00 PM - Tour Ends at Kranji MRT Station
Note: the itinerary schedule above may differ
Need To Know:
- Join in Group / Minimum of 10 persons to go. We will group guests with others and reserve the right to postpone if the minimum number of guests are not met.
- Duration: 3.5 hrs
- Availability: Saturday. Additional selected days in School Holidays & Public Holidays.
- Tour Timing: 9.30 AM – 1.00 PM
- Meeting point: Kranji MRT Station (near CAKE shop)
- Transfers: No transfer provided to meeting point
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before pick up time.
- Activities are suitable for participants of all age groups.
- What to wear : Light tropical clothing is recommended. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- What to bring : hat, insect repellent, water bottle, sunblock, and sunglasses.
- All materials required for the activities will be provided.
- Program operates in both dry and wet weather – all tour areas are sheltered
- Temperature of driver and passengers are checked
- Everyone must wear masks at all time while on board – minimal communication
- During the tour, the group must split into smaller groups (according to latest Govt’s Safe Management Measures guidelines).
- Farm Guide will ensure that smaller groups remain intact throughout the tour with no mingling at all time for safe management
- Gratuities for Farm Guide and Driver
- Additional Food and Beverages
Transfers: Please make your own way to the meeting point
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 8873 6500
Please contact us for private group booking.
- Advance Booking is required. Confirmation is subject to availability.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis.
- Full payment will be required upon confirmation of booking.
- Booking is non-refundable once confirmed.
- No refund for no shows/late arrivals
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates)
- A minimum of 10 consolidated guests (vaccinated) is required for the experience to commence. We reserve the right to reschedule your booking date or provide you with a refund if the minimum number of guests is not met for your booking date.
Kranji MRT Station
Images Credit : Hay Dairies / Kin Yan Agrotech / Nippon Koi Farm