An exclusive behind-the-scenes visit to a traditional bread (loti) factory and an operational coffee (kopi) roasting factory where you meet with the heroes behind the local kopi and loti trade.
Our hotly sort after factory tour of good old fashion local coffee roasting. Tribe brings you to one of few remaining local coffee roasters in a nondescript neighbourhood that even locals take for granted. Here, you will learn about the coffee beans, where they are from, roasting techniques that is unique to this part of the world, coffee secrets, optimum brewing temperature, but more importantly, the Natives or heroes that is behind this factory.
The minute you approach, the strong and fragrant aroma of coffee hits you and depending on the time of day, you get to see the different stages of roasting and preparation of the finished product. Here, the 'uncles' of the factory speak no English but rather a dialect. They allow you to touch the beans, sample some coffee of course and if they really like you, allow you to rake to cool the piping hot coffee beans!
Just as popular, is our visit to a local bread factory where only five remain. Here, Tribe gives you a behind-the-scenes walk through to explain this oldie but goodie and why these are different from the mass produced bread off the shelves. If you love old retro stuff that is fast going out of fashion, you will love to see the old equipment and wooden boards still used at old factories like these.
What good is a bread factory visit without sampling warm freshly baked bread....
Need To Know:
- Duration: 3 hours
- Availability: Friday
- Tour Time : 09.00AM – 12.00PM
- Meeting Point : Redhill MRT Station (EW18)
- Ending Point : Newton Food Centre Car Park
- Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before tour schedule
- Transfers: No transfer provided to meeting point
- Free coffee smells in your hair and clothes that last you the entire day
- Warm preservative free local bread
- Mineral Water
- Gratuities for guide
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- No refund for no shows or late arrivals.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Tours are non-refundable once confirmed
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates
- ^ Advance booking is required for the tour
A MINIMUM OF 4 GUESTS IS REQUIRED FOR TOUR TO COMMENCE. SHOULD THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS IS NOT MET ON YOUR REQUESTED BOOKING DATE, WE WILL HAVE THE DISCRETION WHETHER TO OPERATE THE TOUR. IF WE DECIDE NOT TO OPERATE, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR OBTAIN A REFUND.
Redhill MRT Station (EW18)