Click HERE to book using your Singapore Rediscovery Voucher!
Looking to spend some quality bonding time with your kids out of the house, have them learn a little more about Singapore’s Indian Heritage, and enjoy great food along the way? Then read on!
This journey provides a couple of hours of fun with educational history elements weaved in for good measure by our Ministry of Education registered Guide. Adults get to discover the little nooks in Little India they’ve never seen before, Kids are sure to get bright-eyed about the stories our guide will share and everyone is sure to leave salivating for more of the delicious traditional snacks we will introduce you to!
Little India is Singapore’s most colourful historical district. Think Parrot tarot card readers, goat-milk sellers, fresh spice vendors, and the most interesting new-age food and beverage scene to take hold of Singapore.
The Little India area retains its unique heritage to this day and showcases a hodgepodge of new and old, with the hottest new eateries and bars sitting alongside traditional spice vendors and the oldest temples.
Our guide brings you through the area’s histories and untold stories. You’ll hear about how large brick kilns; lime pits and a famous race track once lined the area and how herdsmen and merchants plied their trades. Learn about the origin stories of the streets, which were named after its 19th-century residents: Dunlop Street, for a European family, Belilios Lane, for cattle importer I.R. Belilios, and Campbell Lane for British soldier Sir Colin Campbell.
You’ll get to step into one of Singapore’s oldest Hindu temples, stop by a Henna store where everyone gets their Henna Tattoo design of choice and end off your journey at the famous Komala Villas for some Indian desserts from our favorite store!
This is one colorful journey you won’t forget!
Price Includes :
- 2 hours guided tour of Little India
- Ministry of Education Registered STB Licensed English Tour Guide
- Snack items at Komala Villas
- Souvenir item as a memento
- Tour Guide System during the tour (transmitter and receiver)
09:30 AM Meet up at Little India Exit E (ground level)
09:35 AM Proceed for Little India Discovery Journey:
- Wall feature next to Little India exit
- Tan Teng Niah residence
- Murals in Belilios Road
- Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple
- Little India Arcade
10:30 AM Henna Tattoo
11:00 AM Food Sampling at Komala Villas includes:
- Plain Dosai
- Masala Tea / Coffee / Milo (choose one)
11:30 AM End of Tour
Need to know:
- Join in Group / Minimum of 6 persons to go. We will group guests with others and reserve the right to postpone if the minimum number of guests are not met.
- Guided Walking Tour / No transportation
- Child rates: valid from 3 - 11 years old
- Availability: Saturday and Sunday
- Tour Time: 09:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- Duration: 2 hours
- Meeting point: Little India MRT Exit E (Ground Level)
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour schedule
- Tour ends at Komala Villas. No transfer will be provided back to the meeting point
- Wear comfortable shoes, need a lot of walking
- Bring your own umbrella
- Gratuities for guide
- Transfers: Please make your own way to the meeting point
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 8873 6500
Do contact us for private group booking.
- Advance booking is required. Confirmation is subject to availability.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Tours are non-refundable once confirmed
- No refund for no shows/late arrivals
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates)
- A minimum of 6 consolidated guests (vaccinated) is required for the experience to commence. We reserve the right to reschedule your booking date or provide you with a refund if the minimum number of guests is not met for your booking date.