Pulau Ubin is typically known to Singaporeans as a little run-down old island fit for a half-day bicycle ride around and for a cheap seafood meal thereafter.
What many do not know however is that this little gem is so much more than that! The National Parks Board estimates that the island has over 786 native plants, 242 birds, 201 butterflies, 89 mammals, reptiles & amphibians. Many of these species are very rare and some are not found on mainland Singapore. There are a number of critically endangered Bat, Otter, Bird, and Orchid species surviving on the island. Today, habitat enhancement projects on the island include shoreline restoration, reforestation, and freshwater habitat enrichment recovery programs.
What better way to discover all these than through a spirited walk through the island with our extremely knowledgeable and loveable guide!
Our guide takes you through a variety of habitats like the Mangroves, Rocky and Sandy Shores, Coastal and Secondary Forests, Abandoned Rubber and Coconut plantations, Fruit Orchids, Scrublands, and Fresh Water Ponds. Along the way, you hear about the incredible uses of medicinal plants, the flora, fauna, and the inside stories of people who continue to live on the island.
See Pulau Ubin in a different light! This is a great experience on which you get to rediscover the nature around us and perhaps even yourself!
Be at Tanah Merah MRT station – Exit B
Prepare to board the ferry with a maximum of 12 persons per ferry.
1.30 pm –
Arrival & safety briefing at Ubin jetty
The commentary begins on the history of Ubin & its early settlers who inhabited the island. Make a short visit to the Ubin Nature Gallery to explore the exhibits.
Gather at the specified arranged area. The guide will take you on a 40 mins walk to Chek Jawa wetlands.
Gather at the Chek Jawa entrance. The guide will deliver commentary & walk on the mangrove boardwalk and try to spot endangered species, some of which are not even found on mainland Singapore. Examples include Greater mouse-deer / hornbills/straw-headed bulbuls/Collared Kingfisher / pied fantail/magpie robin etc / mudskipper/Mud lobsters and their Mounds.
Leave Chek Jawa by van to Ubin jetty.
Seafood Dinner at Tekong Seafood Restaurant.
Remarks: After dinner, coach transfer will be provided to Tanah Merah MRT Station.
Price Per Person: S$98 nett per person
(base on a minimum of 20 paxs per group)
Validity: September 2021 till 31 January 2022
Seafood Dinner Menu
- Salad prawn (de-shell)
- Stir Fry Venison w Ginger n Spring onion
- Fish Slice W Dry Curry n Spices
- S&S Pork Rib
- Sambal LaLa
- Garlic Kailan
- Fruits Platter
- Chinese Tea
Upgrade Menu -
Additional top-up cost of S$15 nett per person
- Fish Maw & Crab Meat Superior Soup
- Poached Prawns
- Sweet & Sour Fish
- Homemade Tofu
- Claypot Kampong Chicken with Sesame Oil
- Manis Vegetables
- Fruits Platter
- Chinese Tea
Need to know:
- Tour Duration: 5 hours
- Tour Time : 1.00pm – 6.00pm
- Meeting point: Tanah Merah MRT Station – Exit B
Please be at the meeting point by 12.45pm.
Our guide will be there to meet Guests. Coach transfer to Changi Jetty.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bring own umbrella, drinking water
Tour Price Includes:
- One way coach transfer from Tanah Merah MRT Station to Changi Ferry Terminal.
- One way coach transfer from Tekong Seafood Restaurant to Tanah Merah MRT station.
- Return Ubin Ferry Ticket
- One way van transfer from Chek Jawa Wetlands to Ubin Ferry Terminal
- Seafood Dinner
- Assistance of STB Licenced English Speaking Guide
- Tour Guide System during the tour (transmitter and receiver)
Tour Price Excludes:
- Gratuities for guide and driver
- Food & drinks in Pulau Ubin
- Personal accident insurance coverage during the tour
- No refund for no-shows or late arrivals.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Tours are non-refundable once booked and confirmed
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates
- Advanced booking is required for the tour (we need to pre-book a guide, coach and restaurant as December is expected to be peak season)
- We will use a 45 seater coach for the tour
- Everyone must wear masks at all times while onboard – minimal communication
- During the tour, the group must split into smaller groups (according to the latest Govt’s Safe Management Measures guidelines).
- The guide will ensure that smaller groups remain intact throughout the tour with no mingling at all times for safe management
- The guide will accompany the groups through the tour except during the dinner session
For Booking Enquiries on different group sizes and pricing:
Contact: Ms. Theresa Ho
Tel: (65) 6225 2777