Pulau Ubin is typically known to Singaporeans as a little run-down old island fit for a half-day bicycle ride around and for a cheap seafood meal thereafter.
What many do not know however is that this little gem is so much more than that! The National Parks Board estimates that the island has over 786 native plants, 242 birds, 201 butterflies, 89 mammals, reptiles & amphibians. Many of these species are very rare and some are not found on mainland Singapore. There are a number of critically endangered Bat, Otter, Bird, and Orchid species surviving on the island. Today, habitat enhancement projects on the island include shoreline restoration, reforestation, and freshwater habitat enrichment recovery programs.
What better way to discover all these than through a spirited walk through the island with our extremely knowledgeable and loveable guide!
Our guide takes you through a variety of habitats like the Mangroves, Rocky and Sandy Shores, Coastal and Secondary Forests, Abandoned Rubber and Coconut plantations, Fruit Orchids, Scrublands, and Fresh Water Ponds. Along the way, you hear about the incredible uses of medicinal plants, the flora, fauna, and the inside stories of people who continue to live on the island.
See Pulau Ubin in a different light! This is a great experience on which you get to rediscover the nature around us and perhaps even yourself!
Price Includes :
- 5hr Guided tour of Pulau Ubin
- STB Licensed English Speaking Tour Guide
- Return Ferry Tickets
- Tour Guide System during the tour (transmitter and receiver)
8.00 AM: Prepare to board the ferry with a maximum of 12 persons
8.30-9.00 AM: Arrival & safety briefing at Changi Point Ferry Terminal
9.30 AM: Commentary begins on the history of Pulau Ubin & its early settlers who inhabited the island. Make a short visit to the Ubin Nature Gallery to explore the exhibits.
9.45 AM: Guest will be provided with the option to explore Ubin on bicycle or walk around with the guide
10.30 AM: Gather at the specified arranged area. Guests will have the option to walk 40 mins to Chek Jawa wetlands or to take a van ( van on own cost)
11 .15 AM: Guests Gather at the Chek Jawa entrance Guide will deliver commentary & walk on the mangrove boardwalk and try to spot endangered species, some of which are not even found on mainland Singapore. Examples include Greater mouse-deer / hornbills/ straw headed bulbuls/Collared Kingfisher / pied fantail/magpie robin etc / mudskipper/Mud lobsters and their Mounds
1.00 PM: Leave Chek Jawa by van to Ubin jetty. Gather at jetty to board ferry to Mainland Singapore
Need To Know:
- Join in Group
- Guided walking tour / No transportation
- Child rates : valid from 3 - 11 years old
- Availability: Saturday and Sunday
- Timing: 8.00AM – 1.00PM
- Duration: 5 hours
- Meeting Point: Changi Point Ferry Terminal (51 Lor Bekukong, S (499172)
- Please be at Meeting Point at least 15mins before start time.
- What to wear : Casual. Comfortable Walking Shoes.
- What to bring : Bring own umbrella, drinking water
- Food and Beverages
- Accidents insurance coverage during the tour
- Transfers: Please make your own way to the meeting point
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
Please contact us for private group booking.
- Advance Booking is required. Confirmation is subject to availability.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Booking is non-refundable once confirmed
- No refund for no shows/late arrivals
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates)
- A minimum of 6 consolidated guests is required for the experience to commence. We reserve the right to reschedule your booking date or provide you with a refund if the minimum number of guests is not met for your booking date.
Changi Point Ferry Terminal
51 Lor Bekukong, Singapore 499172