Tour price based on group size of 5 persons
Singapore’s dynamic ethnic neighbourhoods with enduring traditions showcase a vibrant past but also thrive on reinvention. Discover history, heritage, art and architecture as your guide walks you through narrow lanes where your senses of sight, sound and
This tour takes you to 2, very different, old quarters of Singapore; China-town and Kampong Glam. These two neighbourhoods were conceived in Raffles’ 1822 Master Town Plan, created to help the immigrants from different communities to settle and thrive in a new land.
Chinatown: The Chinese were allocated the area south of the Singapore River and this is where they built their shophouses and godowns. See where first immigrants landed on our shores and gave thanks to having arrived safely by building Singapore’s oldest Chinese Temple. China-town is made up of 4 districts and this tour walks through 3 of those.
Kampong Glam: This Malay Enclave was divided into 3 sections in the Town Plan: One for the Sultan, One for the Arab traders and One for the Bugis settlers. This district has retained much of its traditional flavours but has also moved with the times to become one of Singapore’s most bohemian and hippest areas with cafes, bars and clubs sitting alongside the golden mosque and heritage centre.
Your tour will be embellished with sights of colourful murals depicting life in these areas.
- Yew Chong mural
- Thian Hock Kheng Temple
- Ann Siang Hill
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple
- MRT ride from Chinatown to Bugis
- Haji Lane murals
- Bussorah Street
- Sultan Mosque
- A glass of cocktail OR a glass of wine per person for evening tour only
- Your tour will be escorted by a dedicated heritage & history guide
- Audio listen sets are used so everyone can hear their guide clearly and maintain social distance
Need To Know:
- Availability: Monday to Saturday
- Tour Time: 900AM – 12.00PM (Morning Tour)
- 6.00PM – 8.00PM (Evening Tour)
- Tour Duration: 3 hours (morning tour)
- 2 hours (evening tour)
- Meeting Point: Nagore Dargah Heritage Centre
- Telok Ayer Street 140, S (068604)
- Ending Point : Malay Heritage Centre (Morning Tour)
- Haji Lane (Evening Tour)
- Please be at the meeting point 15 mins before the tour start
- Transfers: No transfer provided to the meeting point
- Wear Comfortable Footwear
- Bring Umbrella
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis.
- Full payment will be required upon booking.
- Purchase is non-refundable once confirmed.
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates.
Meeting Point :Nagore Dargah Heritage Centre
Telok Ayer Street 140, S (068604)
Image Credit : Jane's SG Tours