Tour price based on group size of 5 persons
Singapore’s dynamic ethnic neighbourhoods with enduring traditions showcase a vibrant past but also thrive on reinvention. Discover history, heritage, art and architecture as your guide walks you through narrow lanes where your senses of sight, sound and
This tour takes you to 2, very different, old quarters of Singapore; Little India and Kampong Glam. These two neighbourhoods were conceived in Raffles’ 1822 Master Town Plan that was created to help the immigrants from different communities to settle and thrive in a new land.
Little India - This Indian Enclave was actually the second place they settled after abandoning the first place allocated to them next to Chinatown. Why? Come and find out. Be mesmerised by the vibrant colours of the silks and gold, the wafting smells from the incense and curries, and hypnotic chimes of the temple bells.
Kg Glam : This Malay Enclave was divided into 3 sections in the Town Plan: one for the Sultan, one for the Arab traders and one for the Bugis settlers. This district has retained much of its traditional flavours but has also moved with the times to become one of Singapore’s most bohemian and hippest areas with cafes, bars and clubs sitting along side the golden mosque and heritage centre.
Your tour will be embellished with sights of colourful murals depicting life in these areas.
- Race Course Road & Buffalo Lane
- Former House of Tan Teng Niah
- Veeramakaliaman Temple
- Veerasamy Road conservation shophouses
- Sultan Mosque
- Malay Heritage Centre (from the outside)
- Bussorah Street
- Haji Lane murals
- A glass of cocktail OR a glass of wine per person for evening tour only
- Your tour will be escorted by a dedicated heritage & history guide
- Audio listen sets are used so everyone can hear their guide clearly and maintain social distance
Need To Know:
- Availability: Monday to Saturday
- Tour Time: 900AM – 12.00PM (Morning Tour)
- 6.00PM – 8.00PM (Evening Tour)
- Tour Duration: 3 hours (morning tour)
- 2 hours (evening tour)
- Meeting Point: Little India MRT Station (Exit E)
- Ending Point : Haji Lane
- Please be at the meeting point 15 mins before the tour start
- Transfers: No transfer provided to the meeting point
- Wear Comfortable Footwear
- Bring Umbrella
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis.
- Full payment will be required upon booking.
- Purchase is non-refundable once confirmed.
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates.
Meeting Point :
Little India MRT Station (Exit E)
Image Credit : Jane's SG Tours