SING SWEE KEE RESTAURANT
Sing Swee Kee was founded in 2001. As its popularity grew among locals and foreign visitors, Sing Swee Kee expanded its premises into a full-service restaurant, retaining its roots in Seah Street, directly opposite the iconic Raffles Hotel.
While its menu has expanded over time, its tender, juicy Hainanese blanched chicken, paired with fragrant Chicken Rice along with chilli sauce and green ginger puree based on secret home recipes formulated and mastered by their Hainanese pioneers are the mainstays that keep loyal locals and overseas customers flocking back to the restaurant.
Hainanese Chicken Rice has its roots deeply lodged into Singaporean culture. The debate as to where this traditional dish originated from and who dishes out the best continues to rage on with no end in sight - You have heard your aunty tell you that a particular outlet prepares the most fragrant rice and with another having the most succulent chickens; Your uncle thinks the chilli from a particular outlet is the only reason to eat Chicken Rice and that the dark soy sauce is brewed by magical Hainanese fairies.
A true blue Singaporean/Foodie (terms used interchangeably) would appreciate that there is more than meets the eye to this exquisite dish and what better way than to let a Chicken Rice masterchef take you through the depth and layers of these age old arguments and at the same time teach you how to prepare Chicken Rice in an entirely novel way?
Sing Swee Kee’s incredibly engaging team takes you through the intricate steps in designing your own Chicken Rice ~Sushi ~ Cake and along the way you might learn a secret or two about how to prepare each ingredient that comes together in that hearty meal we all so love.
End off your experience with delicious sides prepared by the chef to accompany your own creation - you better put some effort into preparing your own meal!
- Sing Swee Kee’s Chef or Restaurant’s Manager to share briefly on the story of Seah Street and Hainanese influence
- Chicken Rice Workshop
- A set of chicken rice include a cake, spring roll, pipa tofu and xiao bai chye + a cup of barley drinks
- S$5.00 off for purchase of minimum S$30.00 (not valid with other discount)
Need To Know:
Sing Swee Kee Chicken Rice Workshop:
- Workshop is suitable for children 4 years old & above
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Availability: Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Tour Time:
- Batch 1 : 11.00 AM – 12.30 PM
- Batch 2 : 2.30 PM – 4.00 PM
- Batch 3 : 4.30 PM – 6.00 PM
- Meeting point: Sing Swee Kee Restaurant
- Address: 34-35 Seah Street, Singapore 188391
- Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before tour schedule
- Transfers: Please make your own way to the meeting point
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
Please contact us for private group booking.
- Advance Booking is required. Confirmation is subject to availability.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- No refund for no shows / late arrivals
- Booking are non-refundable once confirmed.
- A minimum of 2 consolidated guests is required for the experience to commence. We reserve the right to reschedule your booking date or provide you with a refund if the minimum number of guests is not met for your booking date.
Sing Swee Kee Restaurant
34-35 Seah Street, (S) 188391
Image Credit: Sing Swee Kee Restaurant