Sing Swee Kee Restaurant
Sing Swee Kee was founded in 2001. As its popularity grew among locals and foreign visitors, Sing Swee Kee expanded its premises into a full-service restaurant, retaining its roots in Seah Street, directly opposite the iconic Raffles Hotel.
While its menu has expanded over time, its tender, juicy Hainanese blanched chicken, paired with fragrant Chicken Rice along with chilli sauce and green ginger puree based on secret home recipes formulated and mastered by their Hainanese pioneers are the mainstays that keep loyal locals and overseas customers flocking back to the restaurant.
Hainanese Chicken Rice has its roots deeply lodged into Singaporean culture. The debate as to where this traditional dish originated from and who dishes out the best continues to rage on with no end in sight - You have heard your aunty tell you that a particular outlet prepares the most fragrant rice and with another having the most succulent chickens; Your uncle thinks the chilli from a particular outlet is the only reason to eat Chicken Rice and that the dark soy sauce is brewed by magical Hainanese fairies.
A true blue Singaporean/Foodie (terms used interchangeably) would appreciate that there is more than meets the eye to this exquisite dish and what better way than to let a Chicken Rice masterchef take you through the depth and layers of these age old arguments and at the same time teach you how to prepare Chicken Rice in an entirely novel way?
Sing Swee Kee’s incredibly engaging team takes you through the intricate steps in designing your own Chicken Rice ~Sushi ~ Cake and along the way you might learn a secret or two about how to prepare each ingredient that comes together in that hearty meal we all so love.
End off your experience with delicious sides prepared by the chef to accompany your own creation - you better put some effort into preparing your own meal!
Fort Sanctuary @ Esplanade
Origin of Wuyi Rock Tea
If you have always wanted to learn about how to appreciate tea or just need to take some time out of your busy week to tune down, space out and bask in a sensory blanket of calm and comfort, this is the experience just for you!
There is no better way to experience the ceremony of tea than through a journey through a variety of the pinnacle of teas – Wuyi Tea!
Wuyi tea is a category of Oolong teas grown in the picturesque Wuyi mountains of northern Fujian, China and are incredibly prized because of the distinctive terroir of the mountainsides where they are grown.
For drinkers who never tried a Wuyi oolong tea, its flavour is often described as a mix of a green and black tea, with an earthy mineral flavour and a lingering floral aroma. The complicated growing, harvesting, and processing methods adopted to produce truly authentic Wuyi tea is time consuming and is the reason why it is extremely sought after and priced much higher than others.
On this experience, Fort Sanctuary’s tea master takes your palette on a journey through their specialty Wuyi teas which are harvested from the Wuyi mountains and processed through their state-of-the-art facilities in Singapore.
The master walks you through how tea should be appreciated; learn about fragrance, structure, texture, body and the expression of “terrior” through four very different brews. You walk away having touched the soaring mountains of Wuyi and definitely more knowledgeable about how to appreciate that next cup of yea, whether it is a Wuyi tea or other.
If you are looking for a unique multi-sensory tea tasting and learning session to help you commence your journey into the world of finest teas, look no further!
Need To Know:
- Workshop suitable for children 4 years old & above
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Availability: Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Tour Time: Batch 1 : 11.00 AM – 12.30 PM
- Batch 2 : 2.30 PM – 4.00 PM
- Batch 3 : 4.30 PM – 6.00 PM
- Meeting point: Sing Swee Kee Restaurant
- (address: 34-35 Seah Street, Singapore 188391)
- 4 brews 15 minutes - An insight into finest tea
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Availability: Daily
- Operating Time: 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Meeting point: Fort Sanctuary @ Esplanade
- (address: 8 Raffles Ave #02-04 Esplanade Mall, Singapore 039802)
- Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before tour schedule
- Transfers: No transfer provided to meeting point
Tour Price Includes:
- Sing Swee Kee’s Chef or Restaurant’s Manager to share briefly on the story of Seah Street and Hainanese influence
- Chicken Rice Workshop
- A set of chicken rice include a cake, spring roll, pipa tofu and xiao bai chye + a cup of barley drinks
- S$5.00 off for purchase of minimum S$30.00 (not valid with other discount)
- Tea Experience at Fort Sanctuary @ Esplanade
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- Minimum 2 guests
- No refund for no shows
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Booking are non-refundable once confirmed
- Advance reservation is require
A MINIMUM OF 2 GUESTS IS REQUIRED FOR WORKSHOP TO COMMENCE. SHOULD THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS NOT BE MET ON YOUR REQUESTED BOOKING DATE, WE WILL HAVE THE DISCRETION AS TO WHETHER TO OPERATE THE WORKSHOP. IF WE DECIDE NOT TO OPERATE, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR OBTAIN A REFUND
Please contact us for private group booking.
Address:Sin Swee Kee Restaurant
34-35 Seah Street, Singapore 188391
Fort Sanctuary@ Esplanade
8 Raffles Ave #02-04 Esplanade Mall, Singapore 039802