If you've ever wanted to ride in a Vespa Sidecar, this is your chance! Don't wait on it, this tour is available for a limited time only and these Vespas are far and few between!
Begin your spin on a Vintage Vespa Sidecar in the Malay enclave of Kampong Glam. Kampong Glam, formerly the seat of Malay royalty, is best known for its two major landmarks: Sultan Mosque, Singapore’s oldest & largest mosque, and the Istana Kampung Glam, the former Sultan’s palace (now known as the Malay Heritage Centre).
A Malay / Muslim community characterized by many traditional businesses: textile wholesalers, spice traders and perfumers, Muslim food caterers, retailers of gemstones and rattan handicraft, yet today trades in the area have diversified and changed over the years; drawing an increasingly young and diverse group of visitors to this district, which has revived the connection between this district and the wider Singaporean and international environment.
Think trendy cafes, thrift stores and one-of-a-kind handmade Persian rugs you cannot find anywhere else! Experience Singapore’s narrowest lane, its largest Mosque, fascinating artistic doodles on walls and public spaces and a potpurri of local sights and sounds.
The historic Long Bar is the home of the iconic Singapore Sling. . The Singapore Sling, widely regarded as the national drink, was first created in 1915 by Raffles bartender Ngiam Tong Boon. Primarily a gin-based cocktail, the Singapore Sling also contains pineapple juice, lime juice, curaçao and Bénédictine. Giving it the pretty pink hue are grenadine and cherry liqueur. Bartender Ngiam deliberately chose to give the cocktail this rosy colour.
Need To Know:
- Duration: 60 minutes (VESPA Tour)
- Availability: Thursdays to Sundays ( anytime between 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM)
- Meeting point: Raffles Hotel ( along Seah Street)
- Transfers: No transfer provided to the meeting point
- IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING – CAN I SELF DRIVE? We’d really like you to enjoy that experience – however for safety reasons Singapore Law does not allow visitors to rent or drive scooters or motorbikes at this point
- For now each vintage ride comes with a fully trained driver
- MINIMUM AGE: Kids between 10 and 100 can ride. A very happy Jeep support vehicle is available upon request for kids under 10
- Light tropical clothing is recommended. Please ensure sufficient personal insurance cover during tour
- To activate a postponement of the tour, please contact us 3 hours before the tour. The time of free Cancellation request will be determined via email or mobile message timestamps.
- Any cancellation exceeding the 3-hour cancellation window there will be a per-guest rescheduling fee of S$50.
- Vespa, Drivers, Helmets, Raincoats for 4 persons
- 1 glass of Singapore Sling Cocktail at Long Bar for 4 persons
- Gratuities for guide
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- Package is for 4 persons
- By booking, you (and anyone you book for) agree that Origin Journeys and its service provider are not liable for any loss/damage, injury, illness, accident, fatality, etc. that may occur during the ride.
- Please be at Meeting Point at least 15 mins before start time.
- No refund for no shows or late arrivals.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Tours are non - refundable once confirmed
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates)
- ^ Advance reservation is required for both Vespa Sidecar and Singapore Sling at Long Bar
Meeting PointRaffles Hotel
1 Beach Rd, Singapore 189673