If you've ever wanted to ride in a Vespa Sidecar, this is your chance! Don't wait on it, this tour is available for a limited time only and these Vespas are far and few between!
Begin your spin on a Vintage Vespa Sidecar in the Malay enclave of Kampong Glam. Kampong Glam, formerly the seat of Malay royalty, is best known for its two major landmarks: Sultan Mosque, Singapore’s oldest & largest mosque, and the Istana Kampung Glam, the former Sultan’s palace (now known as the Malay Heritage Centre).
A Malay / Muslim community characterized by many traditional businesses: textile wholesalers, spice traders and perfumers, Muslim food caterers, retailers of gemstones and rattan handicraft, yet today trades in the area have diversified and changed over the years; drawing an increasingly young and diverse group of visitors to this district, which has revived the connection between this district and the wider Singaporean and international environment.
Think trendy cafes, thrift stores and one-of-a-kind handmade Persian rugs you cannot find anywhere else! Experience Singapore’s narrowest lane, its largest Mosque, fascinating artistic doodles on walls and public spaces and a potpurri of local sights and sounds.
End off your adrenaline-filled ride with a hearty 3-course lunch at LAVO, the only Italian Restaurant and Rooftop bar located 57-stories above ground amidst Singapore’s stunning city skyline. The 180-degree view of the city is not the only highlight of LAVO Singapore. The Chef or Restaurant Manager will give you a behind the scenes tour of the restaurant and show you the best views available.
Lavo also flaunts a luxurious lounge (indoor & outdoor) with a fully-equipped DJ booth situated in the heart of the restaurant coupled with the best DJs Singapore has to bring. Party to Hip Hop beats and Top 40s; it is the perfect pre-party spot before hitting up your next party destination.
Need To Know:
- Duration: 60 mins (VESPA Tour)
- Availability: Monday to Friday (10:00 am to 9:00pm)
- Meeting point: Malay Heritage Centre, Sultan Gate
- Transfers: No transfer provided to the meeting point and to Lavo restaurant
- IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING – CAN I SELF DRIVE? We’d really like you to enjoy that experience – however for safety reasons Singapore Law does not allow visitors to rent or drive scooters or motorbikes at this point
- For now each vintage ride comes with a fully trained driver
- MINIMUM AGE: Kids between 10 and 100 can ride. A very happy Jeep support vehicle is available upon request for kids under 10
- Light tropical clothing is recommended. Please ensure sufficient personal insurance cover during tour
- Vespa, Drivers, Helmets, Raincoats
- ^3 course set lunch at LAVO Italian Restaurant and Rooftop Bar plus Meet & Greet with Chef/ Restaurant GM wth brief tour
- Gratuities for guide
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- By booking, you (and anyone you book for) agree that Origin Journeys and its service provider are not liable for any loss/damage, injury, illness, accident, fatality, etc. that may occur during the ride.
- Please be at Meeting Point at least 15 mins before start time.
- No refund for no shows or late arrivals.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Tours are non - refundable once confirmed
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates)
- ^ Advance reservation is required at LAVO ( not available on eve of Public Holidays and Holidays)
Lavo Italian Restaurant & Rooftop Bar
Marina Bay Sands Hotel Tower 1, Level 57 Sands Skypark
Lunch Hours : 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM