Curious about horse-riding after watching the equestrian events at the Tokyo Olympics or looking to learn more about how thoroughbred horses are cared for and prepared for competition?
Get an exclusive inside tour of the Singapore Turf Club's stables with the stable manager and you'll find out all you can about horses. You're in for a treat as you get the chance to come up close to a number of these champion horses and even try your hand at being a stablehand for a while!
The stable manager will give you a deep dive into what make horses tick, the different equipment that is required to get started with equestrian sports and you get to ask all the burning questions you've always had!
This is definitely going to be a memorable event with family and friends, whether you are a racing enthusiast or just a lover of animals!
- Guided Stable Tour (approx 30mins)
Guided Stable Tour
- Introduction to Singapore Turf Club Riding Centre
- Introduces the arena, the dimensions it has, the materials used for its surface, and the purposes and activities it is used for
- We will take a slow walk to the Stables, followed by a description of how horses are cared for at the top yard
- During the stable tour, we will learn what the Rolling Box and Tack Room are and why they are necessary. In addition, we will discuss how our horse's box is prepared to ensure their comfort while resting
- On the tour, we will cover sections of horse grooming with hands-on activities with products like Rubber Curry Comb and other items that are used to loosen dirt, hair, and other debris from the skin while also stimulating it to produce natural oils. In addition, we will learn how to pick out hooves using a hoof pick, which is an important skill to keep the horse sound and prevent it from becoming lame.
- As we proceed, we will have a feeding and patting session with the horses at the bay area before returning to the main area
Need To Know:
- Tuesdays-Fridays: 11.00 AM – 4.00 PM
- Saturdays-Sundays: 11.00 AM – 3.00 PM
- Mondays: Closed
- Meeting Point: Level 1 of Singapore Turf Club Riding Centre (STCRC) - In front of Cheval
- Please arrive at least 10mins before start of tour
- How to Get There:
- Public transport: Alight at bus stop in front of STCRC – 925, 960, 961. Nearest MRT stations – Kranji, Marsiling
- Driving: From BKE, exit Woodlands Ave 3 on the left.
- Children below 3 yrs are complimentary but must be accompanied by 1 paying adult/guardian
- No minimum groupsize
- Safety Measures
- Visitors must be fit enough and able to walk on both flat and undulating ground
- Dress Code
- Comfortable sleeved top (T-shirt, Polo shirt etc) and footwear
Rules at the Arena
- Arrive at least 10mins before start of tour for temperature taking, SafeEntry registration and signing in. This applies to ALL riders/parents/family/visitors
- Wear a mask at all times, except when riding.
- Social distancing of minimum 1m.
- Avoid socializing or congregating together where possible.
- Transfers: Please make your own way to the Singapore Turf Club Riding Centre
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- Advanced Booking is required. Confirmation is subject to availability.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis.
- Full payment will be required upon booking.
- Purchase is non-refundable once confirmed.
- No refund for no shows/late arrivals
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates.
- No minimum groupsize.