Horses are often referred to as projections of people's dreams of themselves, strong, powerful, and beautiful, that are able to provide escape from the mundane existence we lead. Also, you will never have a better seat than on a great horse. We can truly attest to that; riding a horse is a humbling feat, an animal as majestic as such being welcoming of you on its back opens perspectives you never knew!
If you’ve been curious about exploring riding a horse/pony after watching all the equestrian events at the Tokyo Olympics or just want to be up close with these lovely animals, then look no further!
There is no better way to gain your first horse-back experience than on our horse/pony riding session.
On this unique experience, you will begin your journey with an exclusive insider tour of the stables of the Singapore Turf Club Riding Centre, guided by an expert stable manager. This is when you will find out everything you want to know about horses and you will be in for treat as you get the chance to come up close to the horses and even try your hand at being a stable hand.
The stable manager will give you a deep dive into what make horses tick, the different equipment required to get it started with equestrian sports and answer all burning questions.
Now that you know everything there is to know about horses, we move straight into the main event! Your stable hand will guide you on the safety drill, gear you up and you will be on your horse or pony ride in no time!
This is an experience perfect for those looking for their first foray into equestrian sports or just for a wholesome fun day out!
Make a pitstop for lunch at Cheval Café Bar Bistro. Established in 2009, Cheval Cafe Bar Bistro is nestled in the tranquil Singapore Turf Club Riding Centre. The relaxing views of the lush landscape and majestic Horses parading about are complemented by an expansive range of homely and delectable bistro food.
Package Price Includes:
- ^Guided Stable Tour (25mins)
- ^^Horse | Pony Riding Session (15mins)
- ^^^Lunch at Cheval Café Bar Bistro, Singapore Turf Club Riding Centre)
^Guided Stable Tour (25mins)
- Introduction to Singapore Turf Club Riding Centre
- Introduces the arena, the dimensions it has, the materials used for its surface, and the purposes and activities it is used for
- We will take a slow walk to the Stables, followed by a description of how horses are cared for at the top yard
- During the stable tour, we will learn what the Rolling Box and Tack Room are and why they are necessary. In addition, we will discuss how our horse's box is prepared to ensure their comfort while resting
- On the tour, we will cover sections of horse grooming with hands-on activities with products like Rubber Curry Comb and other items that are used to loosen dirt, hair, and other debris from the skin while also stimulating it to produce natural oils. In addition, we will learn how to pick out hooves using a hoof pick, which is an important skill to keep the horse sound and prevent it from becoming lame.
- As we proceed, we will have a feeding and patting session with the horses at the bay area before returning to the main area
^^Horse | Pony Riding Session (15mins)
- Introduction to Riding Instructor and briefing on basic safety measures
- Fitting of riding gear (Safety helmets and short riding boots are inclusive)
- Learn how to approach the horses
- Safety drill before attempting to mount their horse or pony
- Correct riding posture, how to hold the reins and the fundamentals of steering
Learn how to dismount and engage with their horse or pony post riding
^^^Lunch at Cheval Café Bar Bistro
Lunch Serving Hours : 1200-1400 hr
Choice of Chicken Teriyaki Ricebowl or Grilled Salmon Ricebowl (include 1 soft drink)
Need To Know:
- Tuesdays-Fridays: 11.00 AM – 4.00 PM
- Saturdays-Sundays: 11.00 AM – 3.00 PM
- Mondays: Closed
- Meeting Point: Level 1 of Singapore Turf Club Riding Centre (STCRC) - In front of Cheval
- Please arrive at least 10mins before start of the scheduled time
- Address: 1 Equestrian Walk (Off) Woodlands Ave 3, (S) 737863
- How to Get There:
- Public transport: Alight at bus stop in front of STCRC – 925, 960, 961. Nearest MRT stations – Kranji, Marsiling
- Driving: From BKE, exit Woodlands Ave 3 on the left.
- Riding session: No prior riding experience required
- Safety Measures
- The minimum age for the rider is to be 8 years old.
- Children under 8 must be accompanied by parents/guardians
- The management also reserves its rights to restrict the number of riders whose height is less than 1.30m on case to case basis
- For our horses' welfare and riders’ safety considerations, the acceptable weight limit for a rider is between 30kg and 75kg.
- Interested riders who are over the maximum weight limit will be reviewed by the riding instructors on a case-by-case basis.
- Visitors must have a reasonable level of fitness. Underlying health conditions should be disclosed
- Visitors must be fit enough and able to walk on both flat and undulating ground
- Dress Code
- Comfortable sleeved top (T-shirt, Polo shirt etc);
- Comfortable full-length trousers (track pants or jodhpurs, NO shorts or ¾ pants);
- Correct footwear, with socks (long/ short riding boots or shoe with a smooth sole and small heel, NO open-toed shoes, NO sandals/slippers). A stout shoe with a small heel is recommended.
- For your own safety, long hair must be tied back, with the helmet to be worn at all times during the riding lesson.
- NO dangling ear rings and/or jewelries must be worn. Riders who are assessed to be improperly attired by our instructor will not be permitted to ride.
- Rules at the Arena
- Arrive at least 10mins before start of tour for temperature taking, SafeEntry registration and signing in. This applies to ALL riders / parents / family / visitors.
- Wear a mask at all times, except when riding.
- Social distancing of minimum 1m.
- Avoid socializing or congregating together where possible.
- Transfers : Please make your own way to the Singapore Turf Club Riding Centre
- Insurance S$16 for horse riding session - guests are to pay on site
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 8873 6500
- Advanced Booking is required. Confirmation is subject to availability.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis.
- Full payment will be required upon booking.
- Purchase is non-refundable once confirmed.
- No refund for no shows/late arrivals
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates.
- A minimum of 6 consolidated guests (vaccinated) is required for the experience to commence. We reserve the right to reschedule your booking date or provide you with a refund if the minimum number of guests is not met for your booking date.