Begin your stroll by taking in captivating 19th-century shophouse architecture. In its heyday, these shophouses hosted slaughterhouses and traditional trades unspoken of.
Visit places of worship with spellbinding interiors and learn about how the traditions and norms of Singapore's multicultural community took roots beginning from the colonial era.
End your journey with storied history of public housing estates in Singapore and how the ubiquitous flats paved a way for the nation’s survival.
Our guide is one of the most experienced and animated ones for the area and this is a great way to delve deeper into Singapore's little havens if you haven't already!
- Hear about the ways of life of early immigrants under British rule
- Visit two popular Hawker centres and get an introduction to Singapore's street food culture
- Experience the colourful traditions of Singapore's Indian community
- Discover the city's urban development projects and social policies
- Walk with a local guide and get an insider's perspective on this small-group tour
Need To Know:
- PRICE PER PERSON IN SGD. BASED ON A MINIMUM OF 2 PERSONS TO GO
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Availability: Every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM
- Meeting point: Please meet your guide at the street level of Jalan Besar MRT Station (Exit B). If you take the train, look out for Exit B in the train station which will lead you to an escalator. Take the escalator and you will arrive at the street level. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the activity starts. Your guide will be wearing a Singapore Tourism Board Badge/lanyard
- Transfers: No transfers provided to meeting point
- This is a walking tour of approximately 2km with gentle inclines; it is suitable for most visitors
- Singapore has year-round warm weather and will be humid; please drink plenty of water before/throughout the tour. Brief rest stops are included
- If you are a wheelchair user, please contact us before booking your tour.
The tour will take place rain or shine
- Tasting of five authentic local foods (sharing style)
- One non-alcoholic beverage (coffee, tea, or bottled water)
- English-speaking local guide
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- Please be at Meeting Point at least 15mins before start time
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon confirmation of booking
- 100% cancellation charge applies for no-show or cancellation within 3 working days (unless otherwise stated)
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates)
- No transfer provided from hotel/resident to tour assembly meeting point, unless specified
- Tour is for maximum 5 persons per group as per Government guidelines
- Sale Period: now till 31 March 2021
A MINIMUM OF 2 GUESTS IS REQUIRED FOR TOUR TO COMMENCE. SHOULD THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS IS NOT MET ON YOUR REQUESTED BOOKING DATE, WE WILL HAVE THE DISCRETION WHETHER TO OPERATE THE TOUR. IF WE DECIDE NOT TO OPERATE, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR OBTAIN A REFUND.