Tour price based on group of 5 persons
Touted as one of the world’s coolest neighbourhoods by Vogue, called “Singapore’s hippest hood” by CNN, and known by locals as one of the most happening areas on the island, everyone loves Tiong Bahru’s old-world charm.
Visiting this quaint neighbourhood, you immediately notice an intriguing mix of old and new. The transformation from swamp to swank began in the 1930s, and some of the landmarks from that era still stand today, including the residential blocks and the first Monkey God Temple dedicated to the main character from the Chinese literary classic Journey to the West.
Our walk takes us around one of Singapore’s oldest public residential estates to explore pre-war and post-war architecture and learn about the history and stories associated with this charming and picturesque neighbourhood with its rows of quaint art deco buildings.
Discover Tiong Bahru’s rich stories of prominent pioneer community leaders and residents who were born in the air raid shelter during World War II. And, learn about the religion, customs, culture and food unique to the area and to Singapore.
- Art Deco blocks of Eng Hoon Street
- Monkey God Temple
- Tiong Bahru Market
- Tiong Bahru Community Centre
- Seng Poh Garden & Dancing Girl sculpture
- A glass of cocktail OR a glass for wine for evening tour only
- Tour will be escorted by a passionate heritage & history guide
- Audio listen sets are used so everyone can hear their guide clearly and maintain social distance
Need To Know:
- Availability: Monday to Saturday
- Tour Time: 9.00AM – 12.00PM (Morning Tour)
- 6.00PM – 8.00PM (Evening Tour)
- Tour Duration: 3 hours (morning tour)
- 2 hours (evening tour)
- Meeting Point: Bird Corner next to Link Hotel
- Tiong Bahru Road 50, S (168733)
- Ending Point : Horseshoe Block no 78
- Please be at the meeting point 15 mins before the tour start
- Transfers: No transfer provided to the meeting point
- Wear Comfortable Footwear
- Bring Umbrella
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis.
- Full payment will be required upon booking.
- Purchase is non-refundable once confirmed.
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates.
Meeting Point :Bird Corner next to Link Hotel
Tiong Bahru Road 50, S (168733)
Image Credit : Jane's SG Tours