Visit wet markets and hawker centres, the origins of our local coffee, belachan, roti prata and how some things came to be. Learn about eating customs of the Chinese, Malays and Indians. Visit family-run shop/factory to get a behind-the-scenes of the local food industry. And a hands on popiah rolling cum lunch session where each guests will hand roll yummy popiahs and fill little kueh pie tees. We end off sampling one of Singaporean's beloved desserts - putu piring.
This is not just an eating tour. There’s plenty of eating involved yes. But it is also about our beloved wet markets and hawker centres, the origins and heritage of our foods like local coffee, belachan, roti prata and how some things came to be.
We start out eating of course. You're brought to a hawker centre to sample the best of the best local dishes. At a local wet market, you will be introduced to local ingredients and when these ingredients are used in familiar dishes.
Next an intimate visit to two family-run shop/factory to get a behind-the-scenes of the local food industry. More eating! Then, before you know it, it's a hands-on popiah rolling cum lunch session. Yes, there is a lot of eating and you will be reminded several times to pace yourselves.
We start sweet and end sweet and what better food than the beloved putu piring! We don't just bring you to try any putu piring. But this is arguably Singaporean's favourite putu piring stall. You see how it's made in front of your eyes and eat as many as you want.
So come with an empty belly and a thirst for an in-depth food journey of Singapore Food.
Need To Know:
- Duration: 3 hours
- Availability: Thursday and Saturday
- Tour Time : 09.00AM – 12.00PM
- Meeting Point : Geylang Serai Market (Taxi Stand infront of Joo Chiat Complex)
- Ending Point : Along Geylang Road
- Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before tour schedule
- Transfers: No transfer provided to meeting point
- Visit to two family-run shop/factory to get a behind-the-scenes of the local food industry.
- You get a hands on popiah rolling cum lunch
- Mineral Water
- Tropical Fruits Sampling
- Gratuities for guide
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
- No refund for no shows or late arrivals.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Tours are non-refundable once confirmed
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates
- ^ Advance booking is required for the tour
A MINIMUM OF 4 GUESTS IS REQUIRED FOR TOUR TO COMMENCE. SHOULD THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS IS NOT MET ON YOUR REQUESTED BOOKING DATE, WE WILL HAVE THE DISCRETION WHETHER TO OPERATE THE TOUR. IF WE DECIDE NOT TO OPERATE, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELECT ANOTHER DATE OR OBTAIN A REFUND.
Geylang Serai Market (Taxi Stand infront of Joo Chiat Complex)