From esteemed hotels to reputable shopping malls, Orchard Road has never been as built up as it now is. However, we often walk along its tree-lined streets unaware of the art and stories of yesteryear about this wonderful strip renowned to so many around the world merely for its shopping.
This insider journey brings you back into the past where things began. You begin your journey with a hearty lunch at Orchard Road’s most rockin’ restaurants which has stood the test of time!
Nostalgia then awaits. You get an exclusive Insiders tour of a grande dame hotel which is also a national monument of Singapore and once called the Teutonia Club which hosted countless notables including royalty. Listen to the interesting stories throughout the century from the hotel host and re-energize with a delectable D24 durian ice cream treat. Bring home a little gift from your hosts.
We then visit the last remaining Peranakan houses along Orchard Road hidden just off-street. These incredible statuesque houses now host the most exciting cocktail bars, one of which allows you to throw peanut shells anywhere you wish! You will get signed up to our Origin Journeys’ Insider List where you get access to 1-for-1 deals on the bars you’ve just visited, along with a host of other exciting offerings. Stay on for a drink or more!
Ice Cold Beer, Emerald Hill
Known for being one of the oldest bars in Singapore, this 22-year-old bar prides itself in its icy cold beers served from unique ice tanks! Ice cold beer serves a wide selection of local and international beers with an unbelievable range of over 60 types of bottled and draught beers to choose from!
No.5 Emerald Hill Cocktail Bar
Pioneer cocktail bar along Emerald Hill Road housed in a Peranakan-styled building. They serve a mean range of cocktails, including a signature Chili Vodka and the No.5 Cocktail.
Que Pasa Emerald Hill
Que Pasa or “whats’ happening” in Spanish – opened its doors in early 1995. This authentic Spanish wine and tapas bar offers a variety of 60 wines from all over the world, as well as sherry, brandy, port, and Havana Cigars. Que Pasa also serves a wide selection of Tapas (Spanish snacks) as well as their signature White or Red Sangrias.
- Set Lunch at Hard Rock Cafe (Orchard)
- Durian Ice Cream at Goodwood Park Hotel
- One Glass of Martini at No. 5 Emerald Hill
- 2 hr guided tour by STB Licensed English Speaking Tour Guide
- Tour Guide System during the tour (transmitter and receiver)
12:00 PM - Go direct to enjoy lunch at any time from 12.00 to 1.30 PM at Hard Rock Café @ Cuscaden Road
2:00 PM - Guide to meet the group at Goodwood Park (outside Grand Tower, near the plaque) Welcome drinks and cold towel will be served at Red Carpet and Vintage Car Area
2:05 PM - Tour Coffee Lounge Area. Walk thru the heritage wall and the spiral staircase to view the Heritage Room
2:20 PM - Durian ice cream will be served at L'Espresso Terrace (poolside area) and each guest will be given a $20 F&B return *voucher ( *terms and conditions apply)
2:35 PM - Fond farewell at the main lobby (mineral water and wet tissue to be given to guests)
2.40 PM - Leave hotel
2:45 PM - Walking along Orchard Road (to cover)
- ION Orchard
- Ngee Ann City
3.30 PM - Brief Tour of 3 Unique Bars at Emerald Hill
- Ice Cold Beer
- Que Pasa
- No. 5 Emerald Hill
4.00 PM - End the tour with a glass of Martini at No. 5 Emerald Hill and you may opt to continue and enjoy a special deal exclusive to Origin Journeys' guests at the following bars
Ice Cold Beer
Full PINT promo at SGD 14 (Budweiser, Carlsberg Smooth, Oharas, Hoegaarden White, Tsingtao, Stella, Starpromen, Little Creature Pale Ale) at happy hour price all day/night
Promos extended all-day
- Red or White Sangria at SGD 9 per glass
- Cherry Red Sangria or Cava Sangria at SGD 12 per glass
- Laurient Perrier La Cuvee at SGD 80 per bottle ( by the bottle only)
Need To Know:
- Join in Group
- Walking Tour / No transportation
- Tour Availability: Saturday
- Tour Time: 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM
- Duration : 2 hours
- Meeting Point: Goodwood Park Hotel ( Grand Tower and Vintage Car area)
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring own umbrella
- Not available on Public Holidays
- Gratuities for guide
- Transfers: Please make your own way to the meeting point
For Booking Enquiries:
Contact: (65) 9665 6292 / (65) 8873 6500
Please contact us for private group booking.
- Advance Booking is required. Confirmation is subject to availability.
- Prices are in Singapore dollar, nett on per person basis
- Full payment will be required upon booking
- Booking is non-refundable once confirmed
- No refund for no shows/late arrivals
- Rates are subject to change with two weeks’ notice (should local attractions increase their rates.
- A minimum of 6 consolidated guests is required for the experience to commence. We reserve the right to reschedule your booking date or provide you with a refund if the minimum number of guests is not met for your booking date.
Goodwood Park Hotel
22 Scotts Road (S) 228221